cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So how do you get a CLI from Capital One now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So how do you get a CLI from Capital One now?

If you dont mind sharing what are the limits on all your cards?
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure why you say that the online button doesn't ever work.  Did for me and has for quite a few others.

+1 I got a 2k CLI approx 2 weeks ago. 

Message 12 of 19
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If you dont mind sharing what are the limits on all your cards?

BCP: $24K

TE: $8K

SM: $19K

QS: $15K

AARP: $15K

Freedom: $15K

DC: $15K

It: $22K

Fidelity Amex: $18K

Message 13 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Do you need more than 15k on a QS when you have a a DC anyway? Unless your spend and income are huge id think that would be a decent limit. Plus that is near the upper end of limits on QS that ive seen. You may not get much more without reapplying and combining etc.
Message 14 of 19
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Maybe it is about usage? I got a 10K on the QS and tried the button 6 months or so after getting the card and the usual response was that my usage of the existing credit line wasn't high enough. After I had a couple of months of having (I think) between 2K and 3K of the balance used, I hit the button a couple of weeks prior to my 1 year anniversary with the card and got an additional 3K. I expect to not be able to get a CLI on it again for quite some time as I don't have that much spend for it.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 15 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure why you say that the online button doesn't ever work.  Did for me and has for quite a few others.

I agree.  IME, mine has worked as well.  Unless OP is not placing the adequate spend on the card then I'm not sure why Capital One would need to fill the "void" by going above $15K.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking that your QS was far behind the other limits so thats why I asked about them. Looks like its in line with majority of your other cards. Any particular reason the increase is needed? Since you have a Double Cash and QS which gets the majority of your spending? Maybe its a usage issue, taking a guess.
Message 17 of 19
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was thinking that your QS was far behind the other limits so thats why I asked about them. Looks like its in line with majority of your other cards. Any particular reason the increase is needed? Since you have a Double Cash and QS which gets the majority of your spending? Maybe its a usage issue, taking a guess.

The Discover Double Cashback promotion has taken quite a bit of spending away from my QS. Once Costco switches to Visa next year, my QS will be getting a lot more action.

I'm thinking of getting rid of all my co-branded cards eventually, but still want to keep my CLs relatively high in order to keep my utilization low, hence the need for a CLI to fill that "void".

Message 18 of 19
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Do you need more than 15k on a QS when you have a a DC anyway? Unless your spend and income are huge id think that would be a decent limit. Plus that is near the upper end of limits on QS that ive seen. You may not get much more without reapplying and combining etc.

Maybe the upper-end of limits that are normally handed out, but we have several forum members that have $30 - $50k Quicksilver cards. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.