Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So how many CCs you got in 2015?

tag
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: So how many CCs you got in 2015?

I started the year with 3.  I joined myFICO in January.  I now have 18, so I guess I added 15 this year.

Message 51 of 97
drboxing
Established Contributor

That's a lot of accounts, nice!

Message 52 of 97
yfan
Valued Contributor

Just one. The Amex BCE. That was in April.

Message 53 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Now that 2015 is almost ending, I was just wondering how many credit cards everyone else got within the last year! I got 11 Credit cards starting back in Feb and even canceled 2 of them!

• QS                  $1050
  • DISCOVER   $8500
  • NFL Card      $5000
  • BJ’s                $4000
  • AMEX              $3000
  • FNBO             $2500
  • L&T                 $1100
  • Macy               $800
  • Walmart         $500

Credit One     Canceled
First Pri           Canceled

I think that’s a lot CCs in one year lol, but in my defense I had no CCs in past few years!

I've opened 10 credit lines this year along with 2 new student loans.... glad I can even be approved but I am going to garden for the next 12 months.

Message 54 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

I began the year with three (Capital One (secured), Care Credit, Bank of America (secured). Added Amazon and Apple Rewards before May. When my bankruptcy fell off my report in May, I dropped Captial One secured and Bank of America secured changed to unsecured. So the beginning of May I had four. (I joined the forum in May.)

Then my scores shot up to the high 700's (789 for one) and I applied for sixteen more. All are listed in my siggy. Plus added a brand (edited for spelling arggh) new fully loaded Acura RDX in August on my birthday. Smiley Very Happy That is when my inquiries hit the roof. (14 across two cb's.Yes, I learned my lesson there.)

So I am happily gardening and watching my credit reports so that in six months to a year I will combine several accounts losing five cards then applying for two more credit union credit lines I have my eye on to complete my portfolio.

It has been a wild and fun ride, making friends and learning about credit practices. I monitor my accounts daily and deciding the best way to use my new found credit. Life is good...

Message 55 of 97
Alleycat2003
Valued Member

Oops, meant to add one more cc- just got approved today for an Apple Rewards card -2k limit
Current scores: 611 EQ/ 629 TU/ 631 EXP
Message 56 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to say too many until I read the posts in this thread. Smiley LOL

Message 57 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was going to say too many until I read the posts in this thread. Smiley LOL

lol I thought the same thing, CAPTOOL!

Message 58 of 97
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 59 of 97
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I began the year with three (Capital One (secured), Care Credit, Bank of America (secured). Added Amazon and Apple Rewards before May. When my bankruptcy fell off my report in May, I dropped Captial One secured and Bank of America secured changed to unsecured. So the beginning of May I had four. (I joined the forum in May.)

Then my scores shot up to the high 700's (789 for one) and I applied for sixteen more. All are listed in my siggy. Plus added a brand (edited for spelling arggh) new fully loaded Acura RDX in August on my birthday. Smiley Very Happy That is when my inquiries hit the roof. (14 across two cb's.Yes, I learned my lesson there.)

So I am happily gardening and watching my credit reports so that in six months to a year I will combine several accounts losing five cards then applying for two more credit union credit lines I have my eye on to complete my portfolio.

It has been a wild and fun ride, making friends and learning about credit practices. I monitor my accounts daily and deciding the best way to use my new found credit. Life is good...

👏👏👏You certainly been busy lol. What a big comeback!! Great job! 👍

Message 60 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.