Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So i got a new card today......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i got a new card today......

I really been wanting a hotel card , i was in between the SPG amex or Chase Marriot rewards .... I do have an amex hilton but it was a PC from the old blue basic delta amex , so i wanted to get on a bonus for free stays , i found that the marriot card will give you a free night every year and the sign up bonus is 50k points Smiley Happy  this makes 5 cards with chase (i really dont know how, its not like my income is anywere in the 50's or 60's ... Its more near the 30's) i will be cancelling the slate card once i pay off the BT offer .... I have too many cash back cards and will be slashing at least 2 by the end of the year ., also considering cancelling either barclays AA card or chase united ..... Which of my cards would be benefitial to try for a SP cli ?! 

my cards : 

Citi double cash (convert from diamond pref) : 2.5k

amazon store : 2k

bofa cash : 4.5k 

discover it :1.5k

Chase slate : 2k

chase freedom: 1k

CSP: 5k

Chase United Explorer 5k

Amex Everyday : 2k

Amex Hilton (no AF) 3k

Chase Marriot rewards 5k 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So i got a new card today......

@Anonymous wrote:

I really been wanting a hotel card , i was in between the SPG amex or Chase Marriot rewards .... I do have an amex hilton but it was a PC from the old blue basic delta amex , so i wanted to get on a bonus for free stays , i found that the marriot card will give you a free night every year and the sign up bonus is 50k points Smiley Happy  this makes 5 cards with chase (i really dont know how, its not like my income is anywere in the 50's or 60's ... Its more near the 30's) i will be cancelling the slate card once i pay off the BT offer .... I have too many cash back cards and will be slashing at least 2 by the end of the year ., also considering cancelling either barclays AA card or chase united ..... Which of my cards would be benefitial to try for a SP cli ?! 

my cards : 

Chase United Explorer 5k

Amex Hilton (no AF) 3k

Chase Marriot rewards 5k 

You need to ask Chase to match the 70K point offer on the Marriott card.  It was available recently to the masses and is still available to some.  They will match the points offer if you ask

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do i go about it ?! Call them now ?! Wait for card to get here ?!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

my cards : 

Chase United Explorer 5k

Amex Hilton (no AF) 3k

Chase Marriot rewards 5k 

You need to ask Chase to match the 70K point offer on the Marriott card.  It was available recently to the masses and is still available to some.  They will match the points offer if you ask

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How do i go about it ?! Call them now ?! Wait for card to get here ?!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

my cards : 

Chase United Explorer 5k

Amex Hilton (no AF) 3k

Chase Marriot rewards 5k 

When the card shows up on your online Chase accounts send them a secured message asking that they match that offer.  They'll do it no problem.  70K for $2K spend in 3 months.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.