Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So it comes down to this..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it comes down to this..

About 1 1/2 months of hard thought and research, it comes down to either DC IT, or Cap1 QS Rewards (preapp for both)

I value simplicity. I like flat-rate CB (No Citi though - friends and family have had horrible experiences with them). I'm not completely huge on the rotating catagories thing, as I'm not a huge spender. I'm a little stingy sometimes. Most of my CC spending goes to dining, gas, and occasionally a department store or Amazon. I was also preapp for CSP but I dont think I can justify the AF with my spending or income (maybe), yet. 

Simply put, I'm kind of a no frills type of credit consumer.

Help me decide. Give me some insight on your experience with the cards or company (I know DC can be a little conservative at first). 

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So it comes down to this..

Both are great companies that will grow with you - I would choose not to choose and app for both

Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

About 1 1/2 months of hard thought and research, it comes down to either DC IT, or Cap1 QS Rewards (preapp for both)

I value simplicity. I like flat-rate CB (No Citi though - friends and family have had horrible experiences with them). I'm not completely huge on the rotating catagories thing, as I'm not a huge spender. I'm a little stingy sometimes. Most of my CC spending goes to dining, gas, and occasionally a department store or Amazon. I was also preapp for CSP but I dont think I can justify the AF with my spending or income (maybe), yet. 

Simply put, I'm kind of a no frills type of credit consumer.

Help me decide. Give me some insight on your experience with the cards or company (I know DC can be a little conservative at first). 

Given those two, why not get the new Penfed card that is 2% cashback if you have a checking account with them? It also has no foreign transaction fees like the CapitalOne card, so it's like the best of both of your listed choices combined into 1.

Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have an acct with them and don't want to go through that for a cc. Otherwise I would if I had an acct with them originally lol
Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I app for both right away or would that look funny to the lenders?
Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you want to make 2 accounts with 2 lenders rather than 1 with 1 lender that will give you a better card than both of those?

I must be missing something...
Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I was responding to a question asked above
Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Should I app for both right away or would that look funny to the lenders?

not really - I'd app Disco, then Cap One on the same day.  Neither is particularly inquiry or new account sensitive, but Disco only pulls the one bureau, whereas Cap One pulls all 3...and you may decide if you get a good SL with Disco that you don't need Cap One after all.

Message 8 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So you want to make 2 accounts with 2 lenders rather than 1 with 1 lender that will give you a better card than both of those?

I must be missing something...

I agree the penfed card is awesome, and I plan to get it myself a bit later on...but while I have no problems juggling multiple checking accounts, that game isn't for everyone.  Especially not with an account that has 'play or fee' requirements like Penfed.

Message 9 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought Disco pulls EQ and EXP?

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.