Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So it starts....

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So it starts....

@Anonymous wrote:

I got approved for a Navy Federal nRewards Visa for $500!  I'm so excited!  I am so glad I joined this forum.  I have learned so much in such a small amount of time.  Thanks you all!

Congrats! I will suggest for you to ask for a cli after the 3rd statement. Ask for 2k Smiley Happy Nfcu is very awesome to build a relationship with. I have the cash rewards card with a 22k limit. Navcheck with a 15k limit; used auto loan at 4% and just got approved for a new auto loan at 1.79% They will be very good to you if you are very good to them. Smiley Happy Congrats and welcome to nfcu!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 14
firstladyd
Contributor

Congrats

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 14
pinoyscorpion951
New Contributor

I applied for the cash rewards and nrewards in September of this year. Declined for both but reconned both for 5000a day later via their online messaging system. Just for giggles I requested for a cli on the cash rewards exactly ONE MONTH after opening both cards. Ran about 800 through the cash rewards and 600 through the nrewards and paid both to zero balance prior to requesting online. Asked for 15000 online and clicked submit expecting a decline or counter offer. When the page refreshed I got a screen saying I was approved and that my new cli was posted to my account and available immediately! I was floored. Try it. The worst that can happen is they say no.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all of the advice!  I will ask for an increase after the third or 4th statement.  That will come in handy as I plan my wedding.   I'm still in shock.  I keep logging in to the status thing to look at it say "Approved".  I feel so lame LOL

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.