Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So long Credit One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So long Credit One

I would've said, "for $25 per card, I'll ship the shredded cards back to you as a courtesy."

Credit One is on America's black sheep list along with Fingerhut and Rent A Center.

Message 21 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree about the nickle and diming. However, I can't argue about that card's ability to rebuild. I kept the card for 2 years before I closed it.
Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smnares wrote:
Was it your annual fee they offered to waive? I have a credit one card that's almost three years old that now has a $96 annual fee, every month I'm paying $8 for that and nothing else because I don't ever use it. I just opened a discover and chase freedom last year so I'm wondering if I should call to cancel and see if they will waive that fee or how to go about it

Dump them! I had one and closed it within a year after I started building my credit back up. They definitely nickle and dime you for everything...including accepting credit line increases. They will more than likely offer to waive the annual fee, but why bother keeping it when there are way better cards out there? Just be prepared to repeat yourself at least 10 times requesting to cancel. They intentionally ignore you and try to keep you on the phone in order to wear you down with the hopes you will keep your account open. Don't waste your time and money with them! Good luck!! Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 35
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Close that card!!
Message 24 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha I clearly wasn't keeping up with this thread BUT I've kept it this long because it is my oldest account and I never knew that even after closing it would still be reported for 10 years. I have one missed payment on my account history from 2 years ago and I wasn't sure if I should try to get that deleted or just cancel it asap.
Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

That late payment will never come off outside of the natural 7 year period unless you can prove it wasn't your fault. If the account was yours, you can't get it removed.
Message 26 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was during a time I was out of town and somehow never got or opened my monthly statement and the next I did receive had that missed payment on it so I payed it. I have read about goodwill deletions which is what I'd be trying to do
Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

They only report late if it went past 30 days, besides Credit One is a subprime bank and they're not known for goodwill anything... Good luck getting a continental CSR!!
Message 28 of 35
greent
Frequent Contributor

I closed them today too and feel great about it!! I feel like my wallet just got lighter. Too me they are just drama and want to take my money over everything. Good job closing them.

Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update, I have yet to discuss my annual fee or closing my account, but my goodwill attempt at getting my one late payment removed was SUCCESSFUL! I received a call after I sent an email and was told it will be changed on my credit reports on their next reporting date based on my account so to give it a few weeks but YES, SUCCESS!
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.