Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many Capital One cards????

tag
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Re: So many Capital One cards????

So I guess its from Cap one buying out other companies and people PCing them ok that makes sense. Good to know on the 6th month rule too. I just liked them because they were my highest starting limit ever at 40k. The rest have gotten there through CLI, and account merging. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 11 of 12
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: So many Capital One cards????

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I've heard that for their own cards, they only allow 2 max, though you can get more co-branded cards. Store cards have their own perks and uses, so that's probably accounting for most of what you're seeing.

Personally, CapOne is really good for rebuild (and horrible if you mess up, ha), so I have two cards, one secured and one not. The secured card I'm closing eventually, at least by the two-year mark, because it won't graduate or combine with anything. The other one is currently my highest limit, so I'm not closing that!

5 max

2 max builder cards

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.