Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So much for asking for what you want

tag
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

So much for asking for what you want

Had to share this.

I truly believe in asking for what I want and think that others should too.  In this instance I asked that they increase the limit on my starter CU card from $500 to $2000 which I thought was good since some CU's are known to be very conservative.  They did so immediately.  I'm smiling and smiling.

Today I spoke to a customer service rep and was asked "did YOU request the $2000 limit ?"  I say "yes." Rep further informs me that I actually had been approved for $4000.  SMH

Guess that's what I get for not living by my creed "Always aim beyond high!" Smiley WinkLOL

I'm laughing. Laugh with me.Smiley Very HappySmiley LOL Enjoy your weekend.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
quest208
Frequent Contributor

Re: So much for asking for what you want

i would have said, "i'll take that 4!!"

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 2 of 11
tcbofade
Super Contributor

LOL!  That kinda sucks, but you're right...it's funny as heck, too.  Smiley Tongue

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 3 of 11
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Rep did ask, but I said I'm good.  The approval is still in the system.  I can always call back later if I would like to take advantage of the offer.Smiley Wink

Will be applying for a mortage just before the summer.  They'll give me more after. Smiley Wink

Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 4 of 11
teenastie
Established Contributor

I've had similar situations with my CU as well. I named my initial CL with my CU visa. I told them how much I wanted to pay monthly for my auto loan and they obliged... I love my CU. Even when they deny me a request I feel that if they could they would so I'll just back off em for a while Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the CLI !! That's a great increase !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 11
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Gee thanks pizzadudeSmiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

And don't forget to set a reminder to call back in next month to claim the other $2K of CLI that is out there.....Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I can't think of any reason to not accept what they are willing to give you!!! CALL BACK! 

Message 9 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

I can't think of any reason to not accept what they are willing to give you!!! CALL BACK! 

Yeah, the increased CL is going to drop your utilization by some factor which might improve your mortgage pull.  I'd do it now as well.

        
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.