cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So my Discover It card met the shredder today. (A story, and a warning)

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: So my Discover It card met the shredder today. (A story, and a warning)

Once again I think that your logic is confused and you have gone to the extreme. I am not going to go through your latest post and point out each of your fallacies because I know that you will accuse me of being "head over heels for Discover", when in actuality it is more like "wow, the OP is being incredibly extreme and blaming a cc company for things that are quite clearly his own fault". Just one quick comment before I just butt-out and let you continue to live in the bliss of your own ignorance: When they say that your account will be credited the same day, they are saying that you get credit for making the payment on time -- as opposed to waiting until the payment is processed to acknowledge that you have made an on-time payment. The payment is still not going to be credited to your available balance until it clears, but you will be credited with an on-time payment. Also, when you say that "everyone else [gives cli based on SPs]', you might want to check your facts. One of the big reasons why most people love GE is because they use SP to make cli decisions, which is the opposite of most other lenders. Here I go, starting to do what I said that I wasn't, so I will stop now. I guess if ignorance really is bliss, then you will have a great time living in your own little world--enjoy! 

PS Don't listen to anyone else here. You know the best when it comes to your reality. You should do whatever you think that you should do.

Love,

swapmeet

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 31 of 32
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: So my Discover It card met the shredder today. (A story, and a warning)

Banks process atm deposits or partial deposits the same day as depositing it, but Credit card companies DO NOT credit on the same day is a normal process, unless few exceptions if you bank with the same bank for checking/savings and credit card on the same website.

As for credit limit increases no one is ENTITLED to a limit increase, no matter what you still had a bankruptcy on your file, you were thrilled and shocked when you got approved, but you should also realize that with that on your report don't expect CLI's either. Some are more bankruptcy friendly than others.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.