Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So my friend randomly received a CSP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So my friend randomly received a CSP

@bada_bing wrote:

Prior to the 2008 bank meltdown, it was fairly common to receive unsolicated credit cards in the mail.

I used to get a few a year, mainly from Cap1. I never activated any of them. The CCCs were much

more aggressive in those days and sending a card ready to activate was an aggressive marketing

ploy.

I haven't had any credit cards show up in my mailbox unannounced in quite a few years. I don't recall

any bank other than Cap1 and Citi doing it to me back in the easy credit days. The cards sent were never

really attractive, the best cards weren't marketed that way.

I'm sure that Chase isn't send out CSP's unsolicated. That would be crazy.

BoA did just this with my Mother prior to 2008. She had a large balance in her savings account and they would just send them to her.

Message 21 of 26
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bada_bing wrote:

Prior to the 2008 bank meltdown, it was fairly common to receive unsolicated credit cards in the mail.

I used to get a few a year, mainly from Cap1. I never activated any of them. The CCCs were much

more aggressive in those days and sending a card ready to activate was an aggressive marketing

ploy.

I haven't had any credit cards show up in my mailbox unannounced in quite a few years. I don't recall

any bank other than Cap1 and Citi doing it to me back in the easy credit days. The cards sent were never

BoA did just this with my Mother prior to 2008. She had a large balance in her savings account and they would just send them to her.

No HP ?

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 22 of 26
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Will go ahead and guess that your management at work added him on their CSP as an AU so he can make work related purchases.
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chaselover wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bada_bing wrote:

ploy.

No HP ?

Not to my knowledge.

Message 24 of 26
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

So dis you guys didn't out yet?
It can't be someone added him as AU, because AU cars sent to whoever added him's place for security reason...

But if it's a business card then maybe

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 25 of 26
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

The above post made me lol
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.