Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So new Amex Plat came today..Disapoint :(

tag
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

So new Amex Plat came today..Disapoint :(

Have to say I was very disappointed with how this card arrived. Okay, I only applied yesterday and it came today so yes the delivery was quick!  BUT I was expecting more glamour for a $450 a year fee. No fancy looking box or glossy broucher just your typical a plain white envelope... Now  my Citi prestige and Discover IT card came in fancy boxes and glossy mailings etc... I know im very particular in how my cards arrive and for a high fee I do expect them to arrive in style Smiley Wink

Ironically, Im not an Amex fan and only applied because im a credit addict Smiley Tongue and was bored yesterday. I do travel alot so I will use the lounges and travel incremental fee, but frankly an Amex makes me nervous at the checkout as no one wants the embarrassing DECLINED message at the check out! or at the restaurant...yikes that not good when your on a date Smiley Wink ....How well, I  really need to garden my butt.  Also I noticed the backdating has stopped im now a member from 2013 as opposed to my earlier relationship...

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: So new Amex Plat came today..Dissapoint :(

Send them a secured message about the backdating.  They'll take care of it, and should send a new card out next day, that's what they did with my gold card. I got my backdated card on the same day as the original card that was sent out 7-10 days.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 35
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Happychap wrote:

Have to say I was very disappointed with how this card arrived. Okay, I only applied yesterday and it came today so yes the delivery was quick!  BUT I was expecting more glamour for a $450 a year fee. No fancy looking box or glossy broucher just your typical a plain white envelope... Now  my Citi prestige and Discover IT card came in fancy boxes and glossy mailings etc... I know im very particular in how my cards arrive and for a high fee I do expect them to arrive in style Smiley Wink

Ironically, Im not an Amex fan and only applied because im a credit addict Smiley Tongue and was bored yesterday. I do travel alot so I will use the lounges and travel incremental fee, but frankly an Amex makes me nervous at the checkout as no one wants the embarrassing DECLINED message at the check out! or at the restaurant...yikes that not good when your on a date Smiley Wink ....How well, I  really need to garden my butt.  Also I noticed the backdating has stopped im now a member from 2013 as opposed to my earlier relationship...

LOL I know what you mean! I thought getting approved for a CSP it was going to come in a nice box like the Discover IT card. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 35
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@Happychap wrote:

LOL I know what you mean! I thought getting approved for a CSP it was going to come in a nice box like the Discover IT card. 

I got approved for the CSP today, I could care less what it comes in as long as it's here tomorrow!!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 35
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I was looking forward to a fancy box darn it. Smiley Sad( .. I called for an emv chip but apparently they can't by law replace a card in the first 10 days. Not sure what that's about.

As for backdating I'm not going to rock the boat as all my previous application actions resulted in a FR at time of activation. This is the first time no " call cs " message appeared on screen. Maybe they have decided to take me for what I'm really worth Smiley Happy still plenty time though lol
Message 5 of 35
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

My CSP came in the normal white envelope too. But I was expecting that. I do like my CSP and its my main card and will always be since I like the metal, makes it stand out.
Message 6 of 35
poops
Contributor

Message 7 of 35
poops
Contributor

@Happychap wrote:

Happy for you that you were approvded... but, are you kidding?

Message 8 of 35
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@Happychap wrote:
I was looking forward to a fancy box darn it. Smiley Sad( .. I called for an emv chip but apparently they can't by law replace a card in the first 10 days. Not sure what that's about.

As for backdating I'm not going to rock the boat as all my previous application actions resulted in a FR at time of activation. This is the first time no " call cs " message appeared on screen. Maybe they have decided to take me for what I'm really worth Smiley Happy still plenty time though lol

::skeptical face::

Like I said in my previous post, they sent out a new card w/ backdating, next day air, without me even asking for a replacement.  This was before I had even received my initial card from original activation.  I would have just as happily used the old card, because the only backdating that's important to me is to the credit bureaus.  I don't care what it says on the actual card.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 9 of 35
jumpinjax
New Contributor

@Happychap wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone recycles those glitzy boxes that come with cards - perhaps AMEX is trying to save some trees. 

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.