cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So new Amex Plat came today..Disapoint :(

Frequent Contributor

Re: So new Amex Plat came today.Disappoint :(


Repo-ed wrote:

Did you at least get the 100k bonus from last week?


 

Smiley Sad no!! Smiley Sad(( It was actually seeing that offer  that led me to apply for the card but I was hanging too long contemplating...So I got the 25K bonus instead since that offer went...  As I mentioned I have never had problems in getting approved for any Amex but they usually hit me with a FR straight upon activation. I apply each time I do an app spree to even out my AAOA since I was member long ago in good standing Smiley Happy)

 

Message 21 of 35
Valued Contributor

Re: So new Amex Plat came today.Disappoint :(


Happychap wrote:

Repo-ed wrote:

Did you at least get the 100k bonus from last week?


 

Smiley Sad no!! Smiley Sad(( It was actually seeing that offer  that led me to apply for the card but I was hanging too long contemplating...So I got the 25K bonus instead since that offer went...  As I mentioned I have never had problems in getting approved for any Amex but they usually hit me with a FR straight upon activation. I apply each time I do an app spree to even out my AAOA since I was member long ago in good standing Smiley Happy)

 


So you get the backdate before you activate the card (which you then close)

Message 22 of 35
Senior Contributor

Re: So new Amex Plat came today.Disappoint :(

Yeah.... you will prob end up with two cards if you had them expedite you one... You will get that one.. and then prob another in a week or so...

at least, that's what I experienced.... I had mine expedited, and then the normally processed one came later

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 23 of 35
Frequent Contributor

Re: So new Amex Plat came today.Disappoint :(


youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Yeah.... you will prob end up with two cards if you had them expedite you one... You will get that one.. and then prob another in a week or so...

at least, that's what I experienced.... I had mine expedited, and then the normally processed one came later


 

Well it was instantly approved and the approval stated my card would be expedited I didn't request it.  I also got an email shortly after approval stating they they were expediting the card.

Message 24 of 35
Super Contributor

Re: So new Amex Plat came today..Disapoint :(

I think all plat cards get expedited automatically.
Message 25 of 35
Valued Contributor

Re: So new Amex Plat came today..Disapoint :(


jsucool76 wrote:
I think all plat cards get expedited automatically.

My PRG was expedited 2-day, depsite the approval screen stating 7-10.

 

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014 750+
3/2017 780+
5/2017 800+
Message 26 of 35
Established Contributor

Re: So new Amex Plat came today..Dissapoint :(

Mine was expedited with the box and welcome kit. But... now that I think about it my card was on a paper in a white envelope in the box. Now I'm pissed.

Message 27 of 35
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: So new Amex Plat came today..Disapoint :(


Repo-ed wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:
I think all plat cards get expedited automatically.

My PRG was expedited 2-day, depsite the approval screen stating 7-10.

 


They are all over the map.  I can't remember what happened with my first PRG.  My SPG was overnighted.  My Platinum (upgraded PRG) was overnighted (I think).  I applied for the PRG again and I think they were going to send it standard, but I asked them if they could overnight it as I had some airfare on hold I wanted to purchase on that card.  They said they could do 2-day, but that was the best they could do.  My Hhonors card was overnighted. 


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 35
Established Member

Re: So new Amex Plat came today..Disapoint :(

Hi there. So, did you receive your platinum card kit along with the fancy booklet, etc.? I also was approved for an AMEX Platinum not too long ago and had a similar case like you did --the overnighted card on a white envelope, wrapped in Fedex box. 

I received an email regarding the kit, but I have yet received it since. So, go figure.... 

Message 29 of 35
Mega Contributor

Re: So new Amex Plat came today.Disappoint :(

I hope my PRG has a welcome kit......Smiley Happy

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 30 of 35