Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So sick of Cap One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So sick of Cap One

Had my Cap One card 2 years did have credit steps the first year. Have not had a CL in a year. It's a no AF card so I know most folks will say don't close but at this point i don't want to even use it anymore. I will never apply for one of there cards ever again.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Re: So sick of Cap One

I feel ya..They're next on my close list, I just closed my hsbc card today, got tired of the low limite and AF. At least you don't have an AF on your CapOne card, I do. I know what you mean, at some point it's like why bother with this card, it has served the purpose.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have store cards with larger CL's just dont want to have a card that will not grow with me

Message 3 of 19
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Yep that's why I cut the cord with hsbc today, capone is close behind

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 4 of 19
vish1
Valued Contributor

I had 2 cap1 cards 1 at 2250 and other at 750 both with no AF. I closed the 750 one in january and discarded it gracefully as they were the only one who gave me credit when my file had only 1 card which was only 1 month old then. I have still kept the other card (2250 CL).

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 5 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

I closed my 11 yr old card with them last month. It feels great to never have to go to Cap One's website.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

I closed my 11 yr old card with them last month. It feels great to never have to go to Cap One's website.

Wow what was your CL an did you have a AF?

Message 7 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

CL was $750 with no AF.  I never had an AF card before. 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

CL was $750 with no AF.  I never had an AF card before. 

How many times did you try to get a CL over the 11 years?

Message 9 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

prob about 30 times

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.