Message 12 of 19
700orbust
Frequent Contributor

Re: So sick of Cap One

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

prob about 30 times

So that let's me no I'm in for the same game lol

It took about 7 years but I finally got a $3000 CLI to my $700 card. Went from $350 to $700 and finally $3700. Its a cool design so I keep the card around. Plus its one of my oldest tradelines.

------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Apple, Amex Biz Plat/BBC/BCP/Schwab/Plat/Gold, NFCU Flagship/Plat, Spark Biz, PenFed, CSR, and more
Message 13 of 19
vish1
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

I closed my 11 yr old card with them last month. It feels great to never have to go to Cap One's website.

If you would have sent letters to Santa 30 times in 11 years, he may have probably given you a Santa Visa Signature backed by Heavens Bank. Please don't mind

, just kiddin.

Smiley Wink

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 14 of 19
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I've received one CLI over the 5 years I've had CapOne and honestly it doesn't bother me a lot. 

They're one of the only banks to extend me 4 digit credit after my BK and for that alone I'll keep the cards active...for now. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 15 of 19
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

700 and Visor, thanks for the good feedback.  I edited this to cut it short because I nearly typed a novel.  Bottom line... if you're not happy with certain Terms and Conditions, you have the option to move on.

More MyFico > Credit Card members need to visit  the "Rebuilding Credit" forum to assist the struggling members with families who WISH they were in a position to even have a credit card or just hoping to make it through another month while having their little savings taken away by litigations. 

My 4 cents for the day

Message 16 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@JayRizzo wrote:

700 and Visor, thanks for the good feedback.  I edited this to cut it short because I nearly typed a novel.  Bottom line... if you're not happy with certain Terms and Conditions, you have the option to move on.

More MyFico > Credit Card members need to visit  the "Rebuilding Credit" forum to assist the struggling members with families who WISH they were in a position to even have a credit card or just hoping to make it through another month while having their little savings taken away by litigations. 

My 4 cents for the day

I'm guilty of not visiting the Rebuilding Credit forum much.  Ever since 2009 after I got all my baddies taken care of, I've mostly been visible only in the Credit Card forum.   I need to humble myself  and start offering my experiences and experties to those who need help the most.   

Message 17 of 19
flapjack
Established Member

I had a Capital One  Platinum Mastercard and also a Visa, neither with rewards or an AF. I wanted to switch to a reward card but was intimidated by all the posts here describing the difficulty of customer initiated requests. So I did the next best thing - I got another card and became willing to close both cap one cc's if they couldn't change . I like Capital One because like others here, they were willing to work with me when I had less than stellar credit but that was a long while ago.

So I called and asked for the change and as I expected, I was denied. I asked if there was manager who might be able to reconsider. She said no and  pointed out that there were no offers on either card and that I could speak to a manager but they would not be able to change it.  I thanked the CSR for her time and stated although I hated to do it, I would need to close both cards. I also thanked her for the time Capital One worked with me and pointed out that I would be willing to work with them again in the future if they could perhaps offer better terms. She asked me to hold for another person who would process the request.

The new CSR listened to my complaint and then magically found an offer for the same card, rewards with no AF and no change to the existing account. Needless to say I kept the card although I did go ahead and close the second Visa. I agree with your post jayrizzo, that if you are not happy with the terms and conditions, it's time to move on but I would add to that there's nothing wrong with seeking the best deal possible for yourself. CO took a risk with me early on but they were also rewarded for that risk and there’s nothing wrong with moving on when the time comes if a company can’t grow with you.

EX: 785 EQ: 759 TU: 760 (9/14 via MyFico)
Message 18 of 19
hyprble
Regular Contributor

I may be in the minority with Capital One, but they've been good to me, so I'll continue to use my card as my main (when the merchant doesn't take AMEX).  I opened an account with them in 05 with lower (600s) FICO scores and got a no AF Rewards card to transfer a balance ($1000 CL) at 8.9% fixed.  The only bump I had with them was when they jacked up the rate to 17.9% in 2009 but luckily I had some cash come in to pay it off, so now I just use the card for its rewards.  Within maybe 9-10 months of paying in full every month, they gave me a CLI to $4000.  I must have lucked out getting the card back in 2005.  I really like that you can request the cash rewards at any time and don't have to hit $50 increments like Discover.  1% on most things and 2% for gas and groceries isn't a bad deal at all!

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.