Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So tempted, help! (Venture)

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: So tempted, help! (Venture)

@Anonymous wrote:

Arg. I am just scared of that triple pull. Maybe I should garden at least another month. 

Waiting until things are more optimal with your profile doesn't really hurt anything, expecially since your BK is still pretty fresh from a time perspective.  Venture will still be around.  What is it that you stand to gain in applying for it at this time?  At the end of the day, it's your decision but no one here will be able to tell you with absolute certainty whether you will be approved or not.

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ good points. two i enjoyed Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'm going to garden my 2 cards for now and work on CLI's, then see what my pre-qual looks like in a few months. My utilization is very low on the two cards (try to keep one at 1-9% and the other reporting 0 balance). Date of last negative was 2 years ago. Many accounts in good standing (mostly student loans).
Message 23 of 34
My_Fako
Established Contributor

I'm in the same boat. Really! want to apply, but no pre qualifier... 

My Scores are about the same... 

Tu:680

Eq:641

Ex:661

If you do app,  Good Luck! 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 24 of 34
padme
Established Contributor

No prequal = no app. The bk will hold u back. Maybe think about closing one of ur cap cards and wait a few months. Keep using cards and making a single payment per card each month.
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

? people burn cap1 in BK and still get $20k ventures
Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

IDK...tough call...my scores were higher and figured I was in.

I was turned down for "too many credit accounts at zero balances" Really?? Paying off in full every month is a bad thing? Well I have a ton of new accounts in last two years so I get it.

craziest excuse I have ever had for a denial. thought I finally was in for this card. I have QS and Playstation..almost two years. Never late and perfect payment history...blah blah

Yes, I want this card, but I am points away from the 700 club and that was a HUGE goal for me. Personally, wait a few months to see if you pre-qualify.

That is my plan...or not...it was sooo hard to get two CRAs over 700.  All the sudden I am protecting my hard work.

OMG...is that called gardening??  Smiley Happy 

Good Luck. 

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Cold App'd and got approved for both the QS (Visa Signature) with a 10k limit and the Venture with a 20k limit!
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@padme wrote:
No prequal = no app. The bk will hold u back. Maybe think about closing one of ur cap cards and wait a few months. Keep using cards and making a single payment per card each month.

+1

Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Update: Cold App'd and got approved for both the QS (Visa Signature) with a 10k limit and the Venture with a 20k limit!

Wow, congrats. I wouldn't dare to cold apped if there is no pre-equal.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.