Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So the USAA rep said.....

tag
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

So the USAA rep said.....

I was talking with the rep on the phone and was told that I could include my parents income on my CLI. This is the first I have heard of being able to do that, was I going to second guess??? No, So after I stated the combined income my limit was increased by $5.5k to $8K. Im completely baffled.

Also, I was asking about the MasterCard > Visa conversion and was told that even though my card expires in 2 months I will still get issued a Mastercard as the Visa's are being randomly selected and may not transition till later this year on my account.

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So the USAA rep said.....

Perhaps they are using household income.?

Message 2 of 8
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Most cards normally ask for household income
CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 3 of 8
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

I forget what card it was for, I want to say it was Comenity but they said if you are over the age of 21, you can include the income of others if you have access to their income. I'm almost positive that was Comenity. When you call for a CLI over the phone, the automated system says that.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 4 of 8
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

@lindsaydruart wrote:

I forget what card it was for, I want to say it was Comenity but they said if you are over the age of 21, you can include the income of others if you have access to their income. I'm almost positive that was Comenity. When you call for a CLI over the phone, the automated system says that.

I just hope there isnt a major discrepancy, I called Amex to check if they had the same pratice and they informed me they didnt not. So there is bascially ~$150K gap between income reporting. Though luckily I was able to get my Amex raised to $12k, I hope they dont do digging and realise. Last thing I want is an FR. 

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 5 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Jarrodpd wrote:

@lindsaydruart wrote:

I just hope there isnt a major discrepancy, I called Amex to check if they had the same pratice and they informed me they didnt not. So there is bascially ~$150K gap between income reporting. Though luckily I was able to get my Amex raised to $12k, I hope they dont do digging and realise. Last thing I want is an FR. 

I think you'll be fine.  Smiley Wink

The income amount you give to USAA will stay with them, and you can continue to report only your 'personal' income directly to Amex.  That way if at some point in the future you need to verify things with Amex (which is actually very unlikely unless you gain high exposure with them) you won't have any problems.

Enjoy your new CLI!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are some creditors that say if you're over 21 that you can include HH income.
Message 7 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Jarrodpd wrote:

I hope they dont do digging and realise. Last thing I want is an FR. 

What income did you provide AmEx?  As long as what you provided and what's on yout tax transcripts are reasoably close you're fine.  It's not just FR's that matter but income verification as well.  Both utilize the 4506-T for tax transcripts.

@darkfrosty wrote:
Most cards normally ask for household income

That said, the applicant needs to have access to the income stated.  Everyone does not have full access to their parents' income.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.