cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what cards are the hardest ones to get approvals for?

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Re: So what cards are the hardest ones to get approvals for?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I'm really excited. I definitely want a TD bank card though.

This card is certainly on my list (though possibly for different reasons).  Remember that this card's enhanced rewards last only 6 months, so to maximize value it makes sense to get this card when you don't need to also meet minimum spending on other cards.  The others you mention don't have huge spend requirements but it all adds up

Would you think their Cash rewards card would be better?

Message 11 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I'm really excited. I definitely want a TD bank card though.

This card is certainly on my list (though possibly for different reasons).  Remember that this card's enhanced rewards last only 6 months, so to maximize value it makes sense to get this card when you don't need to also meet minimum spending on other cards.  The others you mention don't have huge spend requirements but it all adds up

Would you think their Cash rewards card would be better?

I will apply for the cash rewards, just because it is easier to understand what you will get.  But from the site, it looks like you can redeem points for checks at a 1point to 1c ratio, so if that stays the Points card might be better because it has the options of Cash + other stuff.

But after the six months, both cards become very average (or below) so you want to maximize the use during that time.

Message 12 of 15
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I'll take your word for it.

Message 13 of 15
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

I presume Visa Signature and MC World Elite cards would be the "hardest" for which to qualify.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 14 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@indiolatino

Not anymore. Some issuers hand them out like candy now. IIRC, Citi issues them with CL as low as $2k. I think another poster received a GM Signature with a$600 CL a few weeks ago
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.