cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what cards do you use for max cash back?

tag
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Re: So what cards do you use for max cash back?

Do Amex Revolver points or cash back rewards show up quicker than Membership Reward points?? If so, i need a revolver soon from them. MR points take foreverrrrrr to show up. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently using my Freedom for %5 CB on fuel and restaurants ( we don't eat out that much anyway...). But, once that is over, I will probably stick to using my BCE for purchases as the new Freedom categories probably will not get used this time around.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pworld wrote:

Do Amex Revolver points or cash back rewards show up quicker than Membership Reward points?? If so, i need a revolver soon from them. MR points take foreverrrrrr to show up. 

Amex rewards (both MR points and Rewards Dollars) lag behind by a statement.  They want to make sure the cardmember has paid before giving out the points; also probably account for returned items as well.

Message 13 of 21
Woolfman
Established Contributor

usbank cash+ for 5% fast food and bill pay and 2% pharmacy Amex BCP 6% groceries and 3% gas Discover 5% gas when its around If Penfed will ever give me a card.. I would love the 5% gas all year around.
Message 14 of 21
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom for rotating categories, and most everyday spending

BCE, soon to be BCP, for Gas and groceries

CSP for travel and dining

Citi Forward for amazon purchases

Amex TE for costco purchases

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 15 of 21
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I use my cap1 cash rewards for almost everything. Best CB card i have. Wells is just 1% on everything but the min threshold for redemption is $25 and i dont spend that much on it since i get the 50% bonus with cap1.
Message 16 of 21
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

BCE is my every day card.

I only use my Chase Freedom and Discover It for the rotational 5%'s.

Sometimes I break out the Discover when they run weekend bonuses.

For the most part, BCE is getting great use.  I just need to get a bump on from the $1k line to make it more useful.  $3k here I come!

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 17 of 21
annab

just got the Amex BCP, will use the 6% @ Groceries to also buy gift cards for gas and other retailers i shop at (Gulf Gas, Amazon.com, Red lobster, Bed Bath & beyond, etc.).  edit:  I called Gulf and confirme d that if i use their GULF gift card, i'd get the "Cash price" instead of the "credit price" which is an additional 10 cents / gallon savings!!

My kid's daycare doesn't take Amex, so that will go on the Cap One Cash Rewards @ 1.5% CB - and this is my primary card that I default everything to. 

I haven't seen anybody else mention Cap One's Perk Central on this forum.  When i shop thru their Perk Central Portal online, i get additional CB at my fave retailers - i.e. drugstore.com gives me 10% bonus CB + the 1% base + 50% bonus CB = 16.5% effective CB... not to mention drugstore.com has their own 5% CB, so it's a really good deal if you don't mind waiting for them to ship it to you!   they also have GAP /Old Navy/BR @ 5%CB but w/ the extra 50% bonus CB, that essentially comes out to be 7.5% CB, which is even better than the 6% CB @ grocery store gift card idea.

Use Target card @ Target for 5% CB

sure the cards with 5% CB sounds awesome, but too much of a hassle for me to keep track of the rotating categories - most of my spend are always in those "other" categories anyways...  at least this way i'm not restricted to WHEN i can shop for what I want...

Chase Marriott Premier $15k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $20k
AmEx BCE $15k | AmEx BCP $22k (AU)
Citi Dividend Plat $10.6k
CapOne Cash Rewards $7.5k
EX 791/ EQ 781/TU 781
Message 18 of 21
firesoul453
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pworld wrote:

Amex rewards (both MR points and Rewards Dollars) lag behind by a statement.  They want to make sure the cardmember has paid before giving out the points; also probably account for returned items as well.

That sucks. Sounds like the Blue Cash Preferred would be awesome, but waiting a month after your statement closes is just dumb.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 19 of 21
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Discover for Shop Discover and Chase for everything else.  I shop on Amazon alot so i use Citi Forward.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.