cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, what is the consensus with GE CLI's?

tag
DM6410
Regular Contributor

Re: So, what is the consensus with GE CLI's?

@crunching_numbers wrote:

I have seen 4 months and 6 months.  There seems to be confusion all over the boards.  What is the consensus on GE CLI's?

Is it 4 months?

Is is 6 months?

Is it different by card?  (Sam's versus Carecredit versus ON....)

For my Walmart = 10wks, 3 days

Old Navy = exactly 2 yrs to receive myupgrade preapproval offer to VISA (as you know from my other post) :-)

I called to verify my actual new limit amt with Walmart and CSR said it is computer generated based on soft pulls of your credit that randomly happen? What??? that's a new answer.

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 11 of 15
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@DM6410 wrote:

@crunching_numbers wrote:

I have seen 4 months and 6 months.  There seems to be confusion all over the boards.  What is the consensus on GE CLI's?

Is it 4 months?

Is is 6 months?

Is it different by card?  (Sam's versus Carecredit versus ON....)

For my Walmart = 10wks, 3 days

Old Navy = exactly 2 yrs to receive myupgrade preapproval offer to VISA (as you know from my other post) :-)

I called to verify my actual new limit amt with Walmart and CSR said it is computer generated based on soft pulls of your credit that randomly happen? What??? that's a new answer.

I received an auto CLI on one of my GE cards in February. The card was four months old. When I asked for a CLI on my other cards shortly after I was declined based on high utility on my January credit report. I asked for increases in March, April, and again in May which were all declined. Each time they referenced my January CR. When I asked in June my request was granted. This seems to indicate that GE is doing soft pulls about every four months, at least on me.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 12 of 15
Karunch
Contributor

It was just coming up on the 4 month mark since my last CLI on both my PayPal SmartConnect and my Walmart Card.  I called and the automated systems approved me for a CLI on both of them.  My PayPal SC went from $1,000 to $2,025; and my Walmart Card went from $1,000 to $1,600. 

Message 13 of 15
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Not sure if 4 or 6 months.  To my mind, not much difference.  And it is per card.  As I had friend recently get 6-8 increases on same day for various GE issued store cards. 

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 14 of 15
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

It's been 4 months for me.

In March, I got increases on Amazon ($1100 to $1900) and Paypal SC ($800 to $1700).

Today I tried again, and Amazon went from $1900 to $2500, and PayPal SC from $1700 to $3000.

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.