TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 12 of 18
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: So, what next?

@kostyan1992 wrote:

Thanks guys! Contacted Capital One and had them product change me to QuickSilver without annual fee. Did not have any difficulty! Sooo... time to garden until 7/2015? Smiley Indifferent

That is wonderful, congratulations. I don't know what accounts you were denied for, but your scores suggest that Amex might approve yo. However you do have some new accounts, so that makes it a little sketchy.

I would also look for a CLI from CapOne in October.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 13 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Your credit scores and other credit cards say you will get approved. Amex is not that hard.
Message 14 of 18
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

I would be in agreement with others to hold for a while except to try to CLI. About a year or so several inquiries would fall off from your credit report. At the same time you would had used your existing credit cards and built your history. This would make your score keep rising as well....Just my 2 cents....

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 15 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Op wants ame for member date, you can't hold past December if that's your goal... I rather slam the Inq's now and apply
Message 16 of 18
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@kostyan1992 wrote:

A full year of gardening huh.. gardening is always good but for a whole year before making any moves? Thanks for the advice!

I obtained one secured card, gardened for a year, and obtained all the cards and credit limits in my signature in the 1.5 years after that.

Thats 80.8K total credit limits, with a $60K income. And some quite good cash back cards if I do say so myself.

Sometimes its good to garden the first year.

To paraphrase Yoda: "To Themanwhocan you listen!" Smiley Happy

Yeah concentrate on soft pull PC's and CLI's this year and go for the big prizes next year.

Good luck!

BTW, themanwhocan, how did you get 7% on groceries on one of your Sallie Mae cards?

Message 17 of 18
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@kostyan1992 wrote:

A full year of gardening huh.. gardening is always good but for a whole year before making any moves? Thanks for the advice!

I obtained one secured card, gardened for a year, and obtained all the cards and credit limits in my signature in the 1.5 years after that.

Thats 80.8K total credit limits, with a $60K income. And some quite good cash back cards if I do say so myself.

Sometimes its good to garden the first year.

To paraphrase Yoda: "To Themanwhocan you listen!" Smiley Happy

Yeah concentrate on soft pull PC's and CLI's this year and go for the big prizes next year.

Good luck!

BTW, themanwhocan, how did you get 7% on groceries on one of your Sallie Mae cards?

Barclays has given me 3 month long targeted offers for each of the past 3 quarters. Not the same offers each time, and not always on the same card, but i'll take it.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.