Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what's my next card?

tag
smokn
Established Member

Re: So what's my next card?

Hmmm, maybe the citi dividend platinum would be a better choice for my fledgling credit.
Message 11 of 15
smokn
Established Member

Holy 6 month thread resurrection batman! So, my gardening season is over. Guess I'm probably going after the aforementioned citi card unless anyone has any other advice.

Message 12 of 15
Crashem
Valued Contributor

If I were you, I would get another revolving line going. Maybe an easy store card or gas card that you might use. Or maybe apply to cap one student card. I read your old thread and saw you apped to cap one already. Make sure you are doing the student link and make sure you put the right income, hint hint. But cap one previous rejection might prevent you. You made some mistakes earlier but nothing fatal. Someone suggested local cu as well. Look around. If they have student cards, might be worth popping in and talking to loan officer before apping. Otherwise, you need to chill out for 6 months for that discover to age and old inquiries to age. Then see where score is. If you want to track your score, go sign up to credit karma and credit sesame. Yes they give you fakos but they are free and gives you idea where your scores are going being youre a poor student. Btw you can manually put daily score from creditkarma. Ignore both website advice as to what card you qualify for. Wait the six months or whenever the fakos show decent score increase and buy real score. Then come back here for advice on what cards are next. Remember even if your scores are high, you will get rejected more often than someone with similar scores and deeper credit file.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 13 of 15
smokn
Established Member

Howdy all! Been gardening a while and here I am! My CreditKarma score is 746 and I'm looking at getting a 3rd card. Any suggestions? Should I go with a different bank or what?

Message 14 of 15
smokn
Established Member

Well, I went out on a limb and applied for the AMEX Blue Sky...pending approval, after a recon I was approved. 

Feeling lucky, I immediately applied for Chase Sapphire....instant approval!

Not wanting to end my streak, I went over to BoA and applied for their Cash Rewards card...instant approval! (albeit, with a $900 CL).

Anyway, it's been a good day, quite different than my thread from a little over a year ago. I know my scores took a big ping today, but my average age was only 10 months and I just had 2 accounts. Now I should have some serious age of account anchorage when I apply for a home loan in a few years. Thanx for your help!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.