cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So who's been balance chased or CLD's lately?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So who's been balance chased or CLD's lately?

And who did it to you? (and why if you know?)

I'm interested to see this all in one place
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: So who's been balance chased or CLD's lately?

Chase - Said debt load was to much AFTER we paid card off
Amex - Credit reports getting crossed with auth user
Message 2 of 20
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Barclays/Juniper....CLD on first use of the card from $2000 to $750.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure Target was Balance chasing me when they lowered my cl from 3500 to 900 so I closed the card myself. It ticked me off b/c as I said I'd run a bunch of money including paying it off through the card in the previous two months.

I did take a cash advance on it last month and now I wonder if that did it b/c they took my cash advance limit away completely when they lowered my credit line.
Message 4 of 20
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I really don't see why cash advances freak out creditors so much. If they are bothered by them that much, they need to just not offer that service.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 20
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:
I really don't see why cash advances freak out creditors so much. If they are bothered by them that much, they need to just not offer that service.

I agree, it's weird. I can't imagine that a cash advance for a small amount is truly worth a CLD. Why offer the service if it is just going to result in AA?
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

RBS, or Royal Bank Of Scotland. I have NEVER been late with a payment in my life, but one month, back in 2001, it somehow got lost in the mail. They called me, and we rectified the problem, and I paid via phone. The payment was NEVER reported as late, as they contacted me 2 or 3 days after the due date. They then shrunk my 5500 credit line down to 500!!! I didin't even have a balance on the card at the time, just a 25 or 30$ purchase that I PIF. I was not late with ANY other payments, but utilization was high on one particular credit card that I was paying off.

I cancelled it, and since then, have gotten several "we want you back" offers. They can keep em for all I care.Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex.  I would by new running shoes to be able to stay ahead of the chasing, but they CLD me too low to buy new running shoes.

Message 8 of 20
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

Has Cap 1 done a CLD I dont seeing anyone mention it on the forum.
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One hit me with one back in 2001. $1500 limit, knocked down to $1200, which was about $100 more than I had on the card. Haven't had one since then.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.