Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
07-26-2013 12:18 PM
Well since being approved for the $3K NFCU cashrewards MC, I've decided to SD some of my "beginner" cards! =) Yeah! Just paid off the followign to $0 and sticking them in the drawer!
1. Best Buy Reward Zone MC ($300 limit - it's 2 yrs old though so didn't want to close it out)
2. Kay's Jewelry ($1100 limit- maybe buy something small at Xmas to keep limit up)
3. Matrix Discover ($300 limit- totally want to cancel it, but paid the annual fee already so just gonna let it sit til June next year)
4. Bloomingdales ($300 limit- used one time paid in full and never bothered to use it again)
5. Fingerhutt ($600 limit- was $300 for two years, haven't used it in 10 mo and they bumped to $600- leaving it sit)
6. JC Penny ($100 limit (yes a total joke of a limit) but i burnt them years ago in a BK so i buy a pair of shoes every 3-4mo on it! LOL)
7. Bealls ($250 limit- used once in past 6 mo)
8. Express ($250 limit- got it to use for clearance sale online, but when i went to pay everything was out of stock, never used it)
9. Lowes ($300 limit)- paid in full, we only use for small household projects
Now the Only ones I have left that I use a lot (well until I got my NFCU cashrewards card) is:
Capital 1 Cash Rewards- $500 limit- owe $300 will be PIF next month and SDing it!
USAA secured CC- $2000 limit- owe $1400 will be PIF in Sept
STAR Card- $3150 limit- owe $1700
Take It Home card- $3150 limit- owe $1900
Debating the SD, as I CAN use my NFCU instead...however, i don't ever pay any interest on these cause I PIF each month...
Walmart $600 limit- $0 balance but I use this alot =) and usually PIF each month
Amazon $700 limit- $0 balance but I also use this monthly and for my Prime acct once a year then PIF
Paypal Smart Connect $500 limit- $0 balance, use for ebay shopping ALOT =) but PIF each month
So what are you all SD-ing anytime soon? I'm pretty set on credit now, so I'm gonna be gardening the next 12 mo or so =)
07-26-2013 12:24 PM
I've SD my Chase Freedom & BoA CR cards because they both have balances. I've also SD my BoA BBR card because I'm just going to make $30 monthly payments until I get the $30 credit and then I'll start the process of over again in Oct.
My Citi Diamond card is SD at the moment, until I figure out what regular spending I want to put onto it.
I'm going to SD my Amex until the Discover stops doing 5% CB on gas and then I'll bring it back out.
My Barclay card is going to remain in the SD until I need a new Apple product.
07-26-2013 12:50 PM
Most of my cards are SDed
Those that were just for interest free credit (Apple, BestBuy and WF) just sit there
Those that I don't use but have a purpose, pay some form of bill or charitable donation every month
07-26-2013 03:54 PM
Chase Freedom is in the SD, where it will remain for some time. I will use my Discover It and Barclay Reward MC. The two have more credit than I need, and nicely cover my spending categories. Freedom is my lowest limit card and parallels Discover on 5% categories, so I realy don't have much use for it, at the moment.
07-26-2013 04:51 PM
07-29-2013 10:58 AM
I've decided everything is getting SD'd by the next month. I will ONLY utilize the NFCU card and PIF each month, with hopes they will see my consistent uses and bump me in CLI over the next 12 mo or so...I've seen/heard they are generous, so hopefully if they see everything PIF on my report they will be more willing to give me 8-10K CL =) I'm hoping at least that is! Maybe if my others sit for 6 mo or so without any use those companys may bump me up as well =) we shall see!
07-29-2013 11:03 AM
Cap One and Fingerhut have been in the SD. Amex recently joined them
07-29-2013 11:09 AM
DS SD her Macys Card, AE Card, and ON Card. SD until the holidays and Black friday come through.
07-29-2013 11:11 AM - edited 07-29-2013 06:05 PM
07-29-2013 11:26 AM
I SD all my cards other than discover 5% cashback. I use that 5% to payback my bills!
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.