Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sockdrawed!

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Sockdrawed!

Statement cut again for Walmart, still no luv from the luv button and credit solutions won't budge, again.  I went back and added up what I've put on the GE cards total and it was over 12k with balances on those cards combined always reporting no higer than 2%.   I can tell it was a routed call to india.  I am debating on trying one more time maybe Tuesday or Wednesday but probably still won't get anything.  I explained to him that I spend alot of money on holiday shopping and want to utilize the card without worrying about going over, he said "nope I have to go on whats in front of me" I told him to look at the purchases and the multiple payments and all he said was I'd receive a letter in the mail.  That was it. 

I have a feeling once I stop using the card they'll increase to entice me like they did when I didn't put any use to it last month with a pathetic $100 increase.  I'm not even going to attempt to get an increase on Sams now, no point because I know it will be denied. Smiley Sad

And to those that know my journey to try and get an increase, this will be my last rant post about it.  I will only post about it if they feel generous and give an increase.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LittleMsLaur

Re: Sockdrawed!

I totally get that increases are not assured and what not, but I love reading these stories about lenders denying CLI's when people spend significantly and pay their bills on time. If your util is really that low it kills me that they won't increase. Yes....they are doing you a service extending credit, but you are also doing them a service by utilizing it and paying them interest on anything borrowed. If you pay appropriately then they really should at least work with you in terms of extension. (Though obviously keeping in mind your income and ability to actually pay on anything you borrow.) Ha...anyways, thought I'd throw that out there. Sorry to hear about your frustrations. Here's hoping they work with you after the fact so you don't have to sockdrawer them.

FICO: 772 (11/2013) TU:760 (11/2013)

AMEX BCE: 10k
Kohl's Charge: 2k
Chase Freedom: 3k
Discover IT: 7.5k
VS Angel Card: 1k
Message 2 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

There's obviously something associated with your profile that is making GECRB not very flexible with extending you additional credit.  Not sure what your previous denials or reasons that have been given consist of.  At the end of the day, it's all based on risk factors and folks know that Credit Solutions is an alternate method to have things revewed but by no means a magic wand.

Message 3 of 5
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

There's obviously something associated with your profile that is making GECRB not very flexible with extending you additional credit.  Not sure what your previous denials or reasons that have been given consist of.  At the end of the day, it's all based on risk factors and folks know that Credit Solutions is an alternate method to have things revewed but by no means a magic wand.

That may be the case, but I don't know what it is if that is true.  Previous denials was always "insuffient experience"  

I'm just over it, I could understand if I spent on it and only made the minimum payment or something but payments of atleast $500 a month, multiple times over and still no luck?  It is what it is., I'm just pissed about it. Not gonna lie.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

That may be the case, but I don't know what it is if that is true.  Previous denials was always "insuffient experience"  

I'm just over it, I could understand if I spent on it and only made the minimum payment or something but payments of atleast $500 a month, multiple times over and still no luck?  It is what it is., I'm just pissed about it. Not gonna lie.

So, how old are the GE cards you're attempting to get CLIs on?  Is it just the Walmart & Sams Club?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.