Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft Pull CLI with Wells Fargo?

tag
JeffM
Contributor

Re: Soft Pull CLI with Wells Fargo?

@enharu wrote:
Normally I just call the regular customer service number and ask to be transferred to the credit department right away to talk to an analyst. They seems to have no issues doing so.

Don't worry too much about it. Its most likely a SP, I think. Even if its a HP, it's just 1 inquiry anyways.

Ya. Too late anyway. If it is a HP I'd be a little bummed that Wells only gave me an increase of $900 (at least rounding it to $2500 would have been nice considering I'm a little OCD like that haha)

Thanks enharu! You're awesome!! Smiley Happy

Wells Fargo Cash Back - $2400 || Bank of America Cash Rewards - $5000 || Discover IT - $5000 || American Express BCE - $15000

FICO TU - 769
Message 11 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@JeffM wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

"Based on internal info" would lead me to believe that they used an AR soft pull to approve the increase and did not pull a CR.

AR? Does that mean Annual Review? I've heard Wells softs CRs about 2x a year

Account Review, its done by most creditors on a monthly basis, with some it could be 4x, 2x or even annually.

Message 12 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

Not a problem! You can call to verify if a HP is done. If they did do one, then you can always try ask for more using that same inquiry!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 19
JeffM
Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Not a problem! You can call to verify if a HP is done. If they did do one, then you can always try ask for more using that same inquiry!

Oh I didn't realize this was possible. I'll report back with the results

Wells Fargo Cash Back - $2400 || Bank of America Cash Rewards - $5000 || Discover IT - $5000 || American Express BCE - $15000

FICO TU - 769
Message 14 of 19
RnJ
Contributor

In the future, when calling them - the number is found online from > your card account > products and services > card services > [number to call for CLI].  Always state up front you are asking for an eligible CLI with a soft pull only.  Answer a few questions (income, exp of your card, 3-digit security code from your card, amount requested) - again state SP only, they will tell you if you're eligible for the amount requested (computer generated), otherwise they will transfer you to an analyst to answer additional questions for a higher CLI with hardpull (may or may not be gauranteed).

I don't think they ever had a CLI link or button on online accounts. 

Message 15 of 19
JeffM
Contributor

@RnJ wrote:

In the future, when calling them - the number is found online from > your card account > products and services > card services > [number to call for CLI].  Always state up front you are asking for an eligible CLI with a soft pull only.  Answer a few questions (income, exp of your card, 3-digit security code from your card, amount requested) - again state SP only, they will tell you if you're eligible for the amount requested (computer generated), otherwise they will transfer you to an analyst to answer additional questions for a higher CLI with hardpull (may or may not be gauranteed).

I don't think they ever had a CLI link or button on online accounts. 

I don't mind the HP. I'm just trying to figure out if this is the highest Wells Fargo will give me with a HP.

FICO TU - 769
Message 16 of 19
JeffM
Contributor

Just called again, it's a soft pull! Going form 1500 to 2400 via a soft pull! Not bad Smiley Happy I think I'm just gonna garden for a while considering I requested CLIs with BoA and Discover with a hard pull on a whim today Smiley Happy

FICO TU - 769
Message 17 of 19
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@JeffM wrote:

Just called again, it's a soft pull! Going form 1500 to 2400 via a soft pull! Not bad Smiley Happy I think I'm just gonna garden for a while considering I requested CLIs with BoA and Discover with a hard pull on a whim today Smiley Happy

Congrats! I've been very pleased with WF.

All 4 of my CLIs have been SP!

Message 18 of 19
JeffM
Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@JeffM wrote:

Congrats! I've been very pleased with WF.

All 4 of my CLIs have been SP!

Ya I am very grateful for them. They extended credit to me when no one would and have been giving me auto CLIs as well. Just hope their website and app could migrate to the 21st century Smiley Tongue

FICO TU - 769
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.