Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft Pull with Spiegel World Financial Network National Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Soft Pull with Spiegel World Financial Network National Bank

i had  been pre-approved for Blair and WFNB turned me down..  Blair overrode them and I got a measly 200.  Been over a year now and no increase.  What can you buy for 200.  It is not a good bank and interest rate is 26.50.  Better off using your  credit cards.  They pulled a hard inquiry for this amount.  WOW!!!!!! Beware.
Message 21 of 37
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I resisted for as long as I could... I know lots of people here have store cards issued by WFN and love them, but I have a J.Crew card mishandled by WFN, and it is without a doubt the most wack and abysmal CCC I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

When I decided to rehab my card, they told me over the phone that my CL was raised to $500. And apparently it was, because they allowed me to charge $360, but they never reported the CLI, so for months it looked like I was over limit. They have waited up to 5 weeks to generate a statement. All three reports still show date of last activity as June 06, so it looks like I'm still paying off charges from a year and a half ago. They claim that they report to the CRA's every Friday, and that if it doesn't get updated, it's because the CRA's are poky. I'm no fan of credit bureaus, but oddly, this is not true of any of my other cards or of DH's cards. I finally had to dispute with all three CRA's, because I had PIF'd, and they continued to report a balance.

All I'm trying to get to show on my reports is that this card is actively used and promptly paid. So far, this has proved impossible. This sucker is now in sock drawer land, and any future purchases from J.Prep will be made on the MC or AmEx. Smiley Mad

Anyway, those who love your cards, congrats, and continued good luck. And just to remind, none of these website preapprovals will work if you're opted out.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do any of you know all of the PRE-APPROVAL sites (cards) for WFNNB?  I found Spiegel and Newport News.  What are the others?  I would like to see how many come up with a pre-approval.  If one does do they all?
Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

jamesb40517 wrote:
Do any of you know all of the PRE-APPROVAL sites (cards) for WFNNB?  I found Spiegel and Newport News.  What are the others?  I would like to see how many come up with a pre-approval.  If one does do they all?

Those are the only ones I am aware of.

If you find more, please let us know.

Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep it is possible to run a credit check without SSN. You can run a credit check

just with name and address.

SpecFile wrote:

WBLAKE wrote:
How can they pre approve you without your SS number?

Yeah that's a good question.  How is that possible?

Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the pre approval link for newport news?

thanks

jamesb40517 wrote:

Message 26 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

ashabbir1 wrote:

thanks

jamesb40517 wrote:

ash, this is a very old thread, and I don't think a Newport News preapproval exists anymore.  Last I knew, though, you can use a Spiegel card at Newport News.

Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cheddar

cheddar wrote:

ashabbir1 wrote:

thanks

jamesb40517 wrote:

ash, this is a very old thread, and I don't think a Newport News preapproval exists anymore.  Last I knew, though, you can use a Spiegel card at Newport News.

Message 28 of 37
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

imducky wrote on 8-29-2007:
i clicked the link, plugged in name, address and i came back as pre-approved. i hit the cancel app button. i don't think it's a good idea for me to take on any more cards (i'm up to 14 now). (emphasis mine)

Hey, ducky! Remember those days? Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 29 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newport News still does preapproval.  They offered it to me last week.
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.