Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft Pull with Spiegel World Financial Network National Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft Pull with Spiegel World Financial Network National Bank

Spiegel does the same thing!  You can do a soft pull with them.  World Financial Network National Bank issues their cards and Eddie Bauer, Newport News, Victoria Secrets, Value City and a few more. 

When you log into Speigel, select your account then apply for credit.  Then select pre approval codes!  You enter your name and address and you can see if you are approved. I tried to put the link below.

None of the inquires I have done have ever posted to my credit reports. Also everyone I know that appllied got approved. 

I use this to check my credit rating.. LOL

Nicole
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Soft Pull with Spiegel World Financial Network National Bank

I realized that when I applied.

EB gave me a $500 limit.
Spiegel gave me a $5000 MC and a $2000 store.

I have too many cards now or I would go for the VS Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you need to have a Spiegel account to log in?  I can't seem to get this to work.
Message 3 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can they pre approve you without your SS number?
Message 4 of 37
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

WBLAKE wrote:

Yeah that's a good question.  How is that possible?
Message 5 of 37
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

SpecFile wrote:

WBLAKE wrote:

Yeah that's a good question.  How is that possible?

possibly - if you have NOT opted out, they might be able to do it from address.  I don't know, just guessing
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mid,

Is right!  I guess when they pay the credit reporting agencies for a list of folks that could be approved for their credit card.  My names come up. 

All I know is that my sister and myself have been approved for a few of their cards.

They are not mean when it comes to having more than one card.  My sister has Speigel, Newport News and Victoria Secret.   I only have Value City.  My sister is trying to build up her credit. 

You do not need an account.  Click on my account at the top of the page, then at the bottom where it says Speigel credit, select apply online, then under the Speigel reward card select pre-approved? click here, then enter your information.

If you are approved it will allow you go input information. But if you are not, it will tell you to contact customer service.

It's a soft inquire because they never use your social.  I think all companies should take note of World Financial Network Bank.  Why waste an inquiry if you can't get the card!

Nicole
Message 7 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I may be wrong but I took a look at the site.  When you get ready to submitt your application, you are asked to input an approval/application number.  That makes me think that this process is for folks that have received a preaproved application in the mail. 
Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

who else does that?
Message 9 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's the beauty of it, you don't need codes. 

just select pre-approved codes? ,  I wish I could include a screenshot but the only thing you put in is your name and address.  if you are "pre-approved", your codes will appear when you start to accept the offer.

I have done this myself twice and check my own once a month. 

maybe someone else who has used this can give more details, but it is pretty simple.  from what I understand of WFNNB, they don't want to waste their time or your applying for a card you can't get.  If they have pre approved codes for you, then it will appear.

hope this helps.

only a few companies let you check to see if you are pre-approved.  but keep in mind this is just like getting a pre approved offer in the mail

nicole
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.