Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft pull vs Hard pull ?? CAPITAL ONE EXECUTIVE OFFICE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft pull vs Hard pull ?? CAPITAL ONE EXECUTIVE OFFICE

Can someone explain this please ? Capital One Executive Office recently put me in for a CLI and advised its a soft pull - what is there difference? Can a soft pull see everything a hard pull can see, or is it a smaller snapshot of the report ? I want to make sure they can see disputed items, etc when they pull.

Also, who here has had success in getting s CLI via the EO? All my other credit lines range $1,000-3,000 and C1 approved two cards at $500 each ! Makes no sense to me. Any stories of Executive Office CLI would be great .. Amount of CLI given, if denied did you appeal etc. thanks all!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Soft pull vs Hard pull ?? CAPITAL ONE EXECUTIVE OFFICE

It's a SP.

Initial limits are not always going to match your other cards. Lenders want to see a history with them, too, not just your other cards.

Capital One will grow over time for most people with usage and a good history. I still think that, EO or not, you will not see a large CLI so soon - aren't these cards brand new?

My QS has grown from $3k to $9k in roughly a year, but I didn't ask for anything until at least 4 months in.

I don't know if there really is any appeal once you reach EO level -- if they don't want to give you a CLI, you're pretty much done and need to wait. You do not want to appear desperate. All that is required is patience and a history. Since you have a very short history with them at the moment I would not expect a huge CLI if they even give you anything.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow ! $6,000 is An amazing growth. Can you share how you utilized the card ? Charge up to limit and pay down or PIF? I really want to grow with CapOne to get a Venture card in 6-9 months.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores all shot up recently due to pay downs and removals of baddies. TU 630 EX 644 EQ 600
Message 4 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow ! $6,000 is An amazing growth. Can you share how you utilized the card ? Charge up to limit and pay down or PIF? I really want to grow with CapOne to get a Venture card in 6-9 months.

I used it for basically everything during the time frame. I did carry the balance a few months because of the 0% and wanting to show them usage, though it's not necessary to carry the balance, you can merely let it report and PIF if you choose. I was just in no rush at 0%.

Your best bet is heavy usage, using it as your main card, pay it down or off, and it will grow.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

THank you !!'
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Test

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heavy usage and pay multiple times in a statement of you have to. Mine went from 750 to 3750 & 6750. You can later consolidate the credit lines when that feature comes back online after they fix the bugs
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opinionated - thank you. How fast were you increased to those amounts ?? That's a great CLI!!! I plan on doing just that. I already charges my QS to $475 / 500 and paid $400 after posted.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.