Some CSP accounts can still PC to the regular CS

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Some CSP accounts can still PC to the regular CS

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I wouldn't count on the option being available forever. A discontinued card is not going to be available to be converted to permanently, or they wouldn't have pulled it off the market.

If you're planning to PC, I would do it sooner rather than later, JMO.

I am going to give chase till end of the month i think . I will think about it this week just wondering if i should be safe, should i trasnfer my 85kish UR points to ink plus before doing it. 

Do you have to transfer the points to ink? Isn't it all the same pool of points internally? I need to link the accounts online still though. 

I don't know when i made my ink plus account i had to make seperate login, so its not on same account. Its not an big deal

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 21 of 36
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

The 7% is in the Feb statement, right?   I will attempt to go to CS after that too.

I wouldn't necessaritly rely on getting the CSP bonus again, as rules change.  Still, you can see when the time comes whether others have been successful.

What do you mean about the CSP bonus?

The 7%?

Or getting another signup bonus while having a CS open?

SIgn up bonus in the future, with or without the CS.    They could move to a strict  (or at least enforce) the once per card rule.  But since I don't understand why the bonus is so big anyway, maybe they will continue to give every 2 years...

I'll have to see how that works out two years from now.

I don't know where i fall on the value of UR points in general anymore. No skyteam airlines + ual deval is pretty meh to me. I think BA for domestic or hyatt or singapore are only valid uses for them right now.  It looks like at end of this year i am going to be cutting out some cards, probably 4 or 5 , Us airways, EDP, BCE, CSP, and ink plus could be potentially on chopping block. 

Wait, so your thinking about giving up UR points all together? My understanding is that Chase is suggesting that Korean air could comeback and at this point its far from certain that they are gone for good. 

I wouldn't trust chase with rumors, They didn't even give any warning when they removed korean air in the first place. I am not too happy with chase when they did that. Who knows if they will be coming back or not. If korean air isn't back when my af comes up for ink plus i will probably cancel the card . Thats in October so they have an pretty broad window to re-add korean air. 

Message 22 of 36
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

The 7% is in the Feb statement, right?   I will attempt to go to CS after that too.

I wouldn't necessaritly rely on getting the CSP bonus again, as rules change.  Still, you can see when the time comes whether others have been successful.

The 7%?

SIgn up bonus in the future, with or without the CS.    They could move to a strict  (or at least enforce) the once per card rule.  But since I don't understand why the bonus is so big anyway, maybe they will continue to give every 2 years...

I don't know where i fall on the value of UR points in general anymore. No skyteam airlines + ual deval is pretty meh to me. I think BA for domestic or hyatt or singapore are only valid uses for them right now.  It looks like at end of this year i am going to be cutting out some cards, probably 4 or 5 , Us airways, EDP, BCE, CSP, and ink plus could be potentially on chopping block. 

Curious as to why cut the EDP? I would just change it to the Everyday card and keep it sd at least so this you have a free card that can make or hold MR points 

I am still pretty annoyed at amex trying to cheat me out of amazon prime , so that is why i would want to cut them out completely. I have calmed down since last night, keeping ED is an option but i rather not give amex my business right now. 

Message 23 of 36
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

The 7%?

Curious as to why cut the EDP? I would just change it to the Everyday card and keep it sd at least so this you have a free card that can make or hold MR points 

I am still pretty annoyed at amex trying to cheat me out of amazon prime , so that is why i would want to cut them out completely. I have calmed down since last night, keeping ED is an option but i rather not give amex my business right now. 

Still not that big of a deal imo . Yeah it sucks you didn't get it but  they still offer shop runner for free which is similar and that's for the life of owning the card or until they decide to stop doing it 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 24 of 36
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

The 7%?

Still not that big of a deal imo . Yeah it sucks you didn't get it but  they still offer shop runner for free which is similar and that's for the life of owning the card or until they decide to stop doing it 

Its more principal of the matter than monetary. I wonder if i SM amex and say i am going to be buying an lot of stuff at supermarkets this month like 5000 + don't flag my account if they would do that. 

Message 25 of 36
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

The 7%?

Its more principal of the matter than monetary. I wonder if i SM amex and say i am going to be buying an lot of stuff at supermarkets this month like 5000 + don't flag my account if they would do that. 

I wouldn't be looking to get FR on purpose lol.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 26 of 36
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

The 7%?

I wouldn't be looking to get FR on purpose lol.

If i am cancelling all my amex cards anyways whats the risk ? all the can do is freeze my account, and if i plan on closing them out anyways no big deal 

Message 27 of 36
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

If i am cancelling all my amex cards anyways whats the risk ? all the can do is freeze my account, and if i plan on closing them out anyways no big deal 

I also wouldn't go closing all of them imo as well. There not bad cards 

Message 28 of 36
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

The 7%?

They don't care. Threats won't mean anything to them. It's a silly matter at this point to get so irate over, mong. And to Amex 5000 that you're liable for is nothing. They won't even bat an eye. I understand you're ill about it, but it doesn't mean they're a bad company... just means you need to fight a little harder for the sign up bonus that you signed up for to begin with. Once they realize that, you'll get it.. but until then just have to convince them. And spend on your card however you like.. If you want to do the 5k spend now go ahead, but it doesn't matter either way to them really. It's capped... unlike the Blue Cash.

Message 29 of 36
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

The 7%?

They don't care. Threats won't mean anything to them. It's a silly matter at this point to get so irate over, mong. And to Amex 5000 that you're liable for is nothing. They won't even bat an eye. I understand you're ill about it, but it doesn't mean they're a bad company... just means you need to fight a little harder for the sign up bonus that you signed up for to begin with. Once they realize that, you'll get it.. but until then just have to convince them. And spend on your card however you like.. If you want to do the 5k spend now go ahead, but it doesn't matter either way to them really. It's capped... unlike the Blue Cash.

I would pay off the debt. I would just buy 5000 dollars worth of VGC to get the 3x MR and then close out the card after i transfer to my MR to BA. I will see how it all plays out. I know they don't care for me as an customer, i am an small potato. 

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.