Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some CSP accounts can still PC to the regular CS

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Some CSP accounts can still PC to the regular CS

I was just talking to Chase to see about a retention bonus on my CSP, I didn't get one. I only put like 5k though it though so.. lol. So then I was talking to her and she said that I do have the option of PCing to a CS if I didn't want to close the card. Apparantly SOME CSP accounts are still eligible to change over. Figured that was good news for some of us. I still might close it, but having that option is great. 

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Some CSP accounts can still PC to the regular CS

@Exonumist wrote:

I was just talking to Chase to see about a retention bonus on my CSP, I didn't get one. I only put like 5k though it though so.. lol. So then I was talking to her and she said that I do have the option of PCing to a CS if I didn't want to close the card. Apparantly SOME CSP accounts are still eligible to change over. Figured that was good news for some of us. I still might close it, but having that option is great. 

thats definately good new i am thinking of Pc'ing mine in april unless they do something drastic to improve the card. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Exonumist wrote:

thats definately good new i am thinking of Pc'ing mine in april unless they do something drastic to improve the card. 

Same, This or close and move limit to Marriott.

Message 3 of 36
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Exonumist wrote:

I would still use 2x dining and transfer to ink plus for me, but i am probably in the minority that would do that. 

Message 4 of 36
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Exonumist wrote:

I would still use 2x dining and transfer to ink plus for me, but i am probably in the minority that would do that. 

If I close it I'll break up the limit so my Freedom would be 10k and Ritz would be 8500, but I like getting 2x points on dining.. So I might keep it open.

Message 5 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I wouldn't count on the option being available forever. A discontinued card is not going to be available to be converted to permanently, or they wouldn't have pulled it off the market.

If you're planning to PC, I would do it sooner rather than later, JMO.

Message 6 of 36
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I wouldn't count on the option being available forever. A discontinued card is not going to be available to be converted to permanently, or they wouldn't have pulled it off the market.

If you're planning to PC, I would do it sooner rather than later, JMO.

I am going to give chase till end of the month i think . I will think about it this week just wondering if i should be safe, should i trasnfer my 85kish UR points to ink plus before doing it. 

Message 7 of 36
red259
Super Contributor

@Exonumist wrote:

Thank you for the update, this is good to know. My card hit one year this month so I imagine the AF will hit next cycle, but I have not downgraded yet because I am waiting for the 7% on my 2014 points to post before I do so. Then I will downgrade it. I Have a balnce on my CSP which will be paid off on the due date next month and I want to give it two months at zero balance before deciding what to do with the CS. I will either close it and move my limit over to my freedom or just leave it and continue to use it for restaurant spend. In order to get the CSP bonus again next Jan I take it that I do not need to close the CS first or that I can do so right before I app for the CSP? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

The 7% is in the Feb statement, right?   I will attempt to go to CS after that too.

I wouldn't necessaritly rely on getting the CSP bonus again, as rules change.  Still, you can see when the time comes whether others have been successful.

Message 9 of 36
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

The 7% is in the Feb statement, right?   I will attempt to go to CS after that too.

I wouldn't necessaritly rely on getting the CSP bonus again, as rules change.  Still, you can see when the time comes whether others have been successful.

I am probably going to try and downgrade in march or april. CSP has really lost value in my book due UAL devaluation and Korean Air disappearing. I believe SPG, MR, and TYP all have access to the 3 big alliances. UR will no longer have that, so will have to see what i want to do. 

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.