Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Lowes Card Info

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Some Lowes Card Info

So got an email from Head of Credit Department saying if a customer is denied for a Lowes Card and they don't feel they should have been. We as associates can call Head and have the app looked at and a decision made. So i guess recon is a possibility. Does every associate know about this? Doubt it since it was received via email.

Also it looks like Synchrony does lower CL and close inactive accounts. Just this month i have had a few people come up to me try swiping their card and coming up declined. When i check their limits, the limits were lowered and the customer surprised. We were able to increase it right back up to whatever they wanted, but it does look like Synchrony does lower limits. 

Also it seems after a few years (not uncommon for anyone) accounts close of no use. I had a couple today say they needed to reopen their card sine its been closed after 5 years of non use. Makes sense, hardest question to deal with people is when they ask "Will i get my same limit?" I am unsure if you will. You could get more or less. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some Lowes Card Info

That's not surprising, Lowe's has a profit motive to get applications pushed down the trough. On that other part, A wide open high credit limit with a long period of inactivity is a liability for them.

Message 2 of 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Some Lowes Card Info

Excellent info... thanks for the heads-up on this!  Smiley Happy

I guess I'm just the paranoid type by nature, but when I haven't used a card in a while (i.e. Care Credit, Lowe's) I always go online right before I leave the house, to make sure there won't be any 'surprises' when I go to pay.

I've got a much larger credit line with Lowe's than I'm likely to use in the near future ($7450), and while I know there are folks around here with much higher lines, I'm still sure at some point Synchrony will tire of my little $50 charges every six months and will lower my line.  At least I know if/when it happens, I can (probably) get it restored.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.