Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some basic reward questions....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some basic reward questions....

I recently got my NFCU Flagship and was thinking about how to get points...
I purchased a LCD TV on my AMEX and was thinking that I'm missing out on some good points if I used my NFCU card but atleast I got AMEX benefits.

so I was thinking... what if I would balance transfer to NFCU, wouldnt I get the points then?? earning all those points would be hard but this would helpful Smiley Wink

anyone got and info?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some basic reward questions....

antsmith101 wrote:
I recently got my NFCU Flagship and was thinking about how to get points...
I purchased a LCD TV on my AMEX and was thinking that I'm missing out on some good points if I used my NFCU card but atleast I got AMEX benefits.

so I was thinking... what if I would balance transfer to NFCU, wouldnt I get the points then?? earning all those points would be hard but this would helpful Smiley Wink

anyone got and info?

Points almost always apply to purchases only, not BTs.  You can't get points on two cards for the same purchase.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

darn it

how about a purchase of product but returned? they minus the points?

Message Edited by antsmith101 on 06-08-2008 09:59 PM
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't recommend this. Somewhere in the T&C I'm sure there is something that covers returns and points. First word I think of is fraud and you don't want to travel that road. Probably not possible anyway.

If you want points just take a careful look at all your cards rewards program and choose the best one for large purchases. Also some have bonus points for certain categories.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I think my best option is to use it for my work also cause they asked me to start traveling and with them paying airline, food,car,hotel, and conference cost.. With couple of these trips it will add up some nice points fast.... Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

antsmith101 wrote:
darn it

how about a purchase of product but returned? they minus the points?

Message Edited by antsmith101 on 06-08-2008 09:59 PM

Yes, they subtract points for returned merchandise.  Points are always awarded on the basis of "net new purchases," which means purchases minus returns.

Message Edited by cheddar on 06-08-2008 11:39 PM
Message 6 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I made a $1200 purchase recently on my Amex Blue card that I had to return due to circumstances beyond my control. Those points were not added into my statement, as they shouldn't be.

But, I had been wondering about that before I saw the statement.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.