Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about Ameriprise platinum Amex

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

Some questions about Ameriprise platinum Amex

hey guys, I've had the Ameriprise platinum for a year now, I loved it and used all of the benefits but only got it cause the AF was waived for the first year, AF is up now and I'm not going to pay $450 (though in all honesty I think it's actually worth it if you use it right) and I would like to know if I want to downgrade can I downgrade to a normal American Express charge card or does it have to be an Ameriprise product American Express card? Also is my Ameriprise platinum considered a different product then the regular Amex platinum? Would I be able to get the points if I sign up for a normal platinum in the future?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Some questions about Ameriprise platinum Amex

You should be able to downgrade. 

The card is treated like a different product. Therefore, you are able to get the sing up bonus again if you apply to the regular plat. 

Message 2 of 3
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Some questions about Ameriprise platinum Amex

Best way unfortunately to find this out is to call or chat. I say chat reluctantly because it used to be the best way, but I think the chat has gone down the hill a little bit as of late.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.