cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some said it could not happen! And that was a lie! (in my Maury Povich voice) LOL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some said it could not happen! And that was a lie! (in my Maury Povich voice) LOL

I used a secured card to start my credit rebuild. Low and behold since get unsecured cards over the last 6 months. When i completly took Capital One secured card off my radar. Bam! they increased the card by 300.00 a secured card after 3 months! wow! well i think that says alot about Capital one low limit but i am still greatful for the gesture of reward. sometimes its the little things to be thankful for. 

Thanks Capital One!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Some said it could not happen! And that was a lie! (in my Maury Povich voice) LOL

@Anonymous wrote:

I used a secured card to start my credit rebuild. Low and behold since get unsecured cards over the last 6 months. When i completly took Capital One secured card off my radar. Bam! they increased the card by 300.00 a secured card after 3 months! wow! well i think that says alot about Capital one low limit but i am still greatful for the gesture of reward. sometimes its the little things to be thankful for. 

Thanks Capital One!

Where did you get someone said you can't get increase on secured? not here at my fico for sure. Congrats. Yes cap 1 will give increase even on secured. the difference. you can't request increase on secured. only they will give if they deem you worthy. But a second will never happen. hey. since you got the increase now. got to the cap one pre approval site and put in your info. see if they have any unsecured offers for you. They should since they gave you a bump. This is how you move up the ladder with cap one. Congrats again. Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some said it could not happen! And that was a lie! (in my Maury Povich voice) LOL

taxi818

Just poking fun at some. I have read that some thinks its not possable. Just clearing it up to some that are new. Paying bills ontime and keeping utilization down does work and this forum has tons to offer. Secured cards are a great way to start the rebuild journey. Thank you for the advice i will use it with care. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.