Did you mean: 

Someone Plz Explain CLD!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Someone Plz Explain CLD!!!

@toi34 wrote:

**UPDATE**

I've just read through ALL of your responses, and thanks for the brainstorming. 

I called Discover this morning and they REINSTATED my full cli; turns-out it was a computer error; the agent SP my current credit report and saw nothing there of concern: like I said in my earlier post -- no lates/collections/charge-offs/minimum pays...nada! I was on and off the phone in a matter of minutes!

That is awesome news!!!

Message 31 of 41
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

**UPDATE**

I called Discover this morning and they REINSTATED my full cli; turns-out it was a computer error; the agent SP my current credit report and saw nothing there of concern: like I said in my earlier post -- no lates/collections/charge-offs/minimum pays...nada! I was on and off the phone in a matter of minutes!

YAY!!! Thank goodness!!  So Happy it turned out for the betterSmiley Happy

Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

This is why I think it is a long term bad idea to have "all cards report zero but one": There's no history of handling a payment flow that the other CCC can read and get comfortable with. Combine that with carrying a bunch of high percentage balances at some low monthly payment rate and it's "Danger, Will Robinson!"

Good luck, hoping for the best with the call to find out what happened.

Even without letting balances report, they still show the high balance for the account. Experian reports payments and TransUnion does too, I believe. So, you don't have to let balances report for underwriters to see that you spend on the cards. The credit bureaus don't show history of balances anyway, so even if you do let a 20,000 balance report, two months later there will be no evidence that it ever existed unless it's the high balance.

Not necessarily true. I just checked my Amex in my reports. It shows a high balance of $21. That's the high reported balance. I put over $1000 on it in March.

Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and thanks for letting us know. 

Message 34 of 41
toi34
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone! I'm glad it worked-out too. I REALLY appreciated everyone's theories and queries. Hopefully one of these days I'll be able to get on that Discover 17-day gravy train, but for now, I'll just chill. Smiley Very Happy

Message 35 of 41
bobbay
Established Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

**UPDATE**

Great News!

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 36 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has been an informative thread and a bit scary ;(
Message 37 of 41
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

This is why I think it is a long term bad idea to have "all cards report zero but one": There's no history of handling a payment flow that the other CCC can read and get comfortable with. Combine that with carrying a bunch of high percentage balances at some low monthly payment rate and it's "Danger, Will Robinson!"

Good luck, hoping for the best with the call to find out what happened.

Even without letting balances report, they still show the high balance for the account. Experian reports payments and TransUnion does too, I believe. So, you don't have to let balances report for underwriters to see that you spend on the cards. The credit bureaus don't show history of balances anyway, so even if you do let a 20,000 balance report, two months later there will be no evidence that it ever existed unless it's the high balance.

Not necessarily true. I just checked my Amex in my reports. It shows a high balance of $21. That's the high reported balance. I put over $1000 on it in March.

Here is a snip from my EQ report in October 2014. This is my Capital One Platinum MC. I had charged a transmission in January 2014, then BT that off in June, after the May statement. The High Credit amount is from years ago. Since I don't pay before statement cut on any of my prior months, I can't show any examples of that, but I doubt it will show any balance or PMT Due.

If someone has a CR image for an account which was paying before statement cut, that would be an interesting contribution.

CapOne Pmt Example EQ.JPG

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 38 of 41
NRB525
Super Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

Thanks everyone! I'm glad it worked-out too. I REALLY appreciated everyone's theories and queries. Hopefully one of these days I'll be able to get on that Discover 17-day gravy train, but for now, I'll just chill. Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations on getting your CL restored!

A "computer glitch" is a rather vague term however. The computer makes many choices for our accounts, based on algorithms that the CSR may not recognize. The CSR, in looking manually at your file, didn't see any negatives, but doesn't have the same algorithm programmed into his/her mind Smiley Happy  The computer still made that change to your account, for some reason.

I am still of the opinion that over-thinking and over-working the "all cards at zero but one" can lead to situations such as this, not always, not predictable, but I believe in showing activity on my accounts to communicate to all lenders that I'm using my cards and paying my debts.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 39 of 41
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Just as somewhat of a data point this is  the second time I've read here about an Discover CLD of exactly $500 that was done and when calling in was able to be reversed citing the same computer glitch problem. 

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.