cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone Used Orbitz Visa Signature Card!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Someone Used Orbitz Visa Signature Card!!!

@takeshi74 wrote:

Make sure you're actively monitoring any open accounts for this sort of stuff.

I have credit monitoring service. It doesn't help to prevent someone used my card.

Ron.

Message 11 of 19
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I just called them to report the fraudlent charges. She asked me do I have any business with Paypal. I told her i bough stuff with my PayPal Credit.  I never used any other Visa as PayPal Payment. She put me on hold for 10 mins. to ask her supervisor.  She told me she's going to send me somethig to sign and mail it back. I don't have to pay $450.  They will send me a new Orbitz Visa Signature card in the mail. Here is the their fraud dept: 1-866-688-5446 in case anyone need it.

Ron.

By any chance did you add that Visa to your PayPal account whenever it asks for a debit/credit card? I know you said you don't use it for purchases

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ron, sorry to hear that.  It's unnerving to know someone was able to access your account.  It's great that you have a service to monitor your accounts, very responsible.  Thanks for sharing, you have helped many!

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Heart activity alerts on lesser-used cards.

My Brooks Bros card might have a lousy limit, but I got a transaction alert by email within three minutes of my last purchase.

Message 14 of 19
Ron1
Super Contributor

@jace8602 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I just called them to report the fraudlent charges. She asked me do I have any business with Paypal. I told her i bough stuff with my PayPal Credit.  I never used any other Visa as PayPal Payment. She put me on hold for 10 mins. to ask her supervisor.  She told me she's going to send me somethig to sign and mail it back. I don't have to pay $450.  They will send me a new Orbitz Visa Signature card in the mail. Here is the their fraud dept: 1-866-688-5446 in case anyone need it.

Ron.

By any chance did you add that Visa to your PayPal account whenever it asks for a debit/credit card? I know you said you don't use it for purchases

No, I already have PayPak MC for my biz and PayPal Credit (BML) for my personal. I never linked any of my credit card. I looked at Paypal page and they also asked for the CVV no.I don't know how they know. I never gave it out.  I checked both of my account. I didn't see any $450 charges.

Ron.

Message 15 of 19
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ron, sorry to hear that.  It's unnerving to know someone was able to access your account.  It's great that you have a service to monitor your accounts, very responsible.  Thanks for sharing, you have helped many!

That's ok. My credit monitoring didn't alert me. Comenity sent me an email a statement is available. I had a bill to pay. I know I didn't use the card last month, I opened the this month statement pdf. I found out someone used my card for PayPal purchase. I  immdiately called them to block the account. They also told me to call the fraud dept to report the card was stolen. So I don't have to pay for the charges. It happened to my Blue Cash a couple of years They kept hitting that no. So I requested to change the whole number. Credit monitoring services don't help you to monitor your accounts activity. You have to check every credit card and bank statement.

Ron.

Message 16 of 19
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Brooks Bros card might have a lousy limit, but I got a transaction alert by email within three minutes of my last purchase.

Citi alerted me on my Sears MC. Comenity Visa/MC cards don't have any alert someone used your card until I the statement comes out.

Ron.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi alerted me on my Sears MC. Comenity Visa/MC cards don't have any alert someone used your card until I the statement comes out.

Ron.

I know. That's one reason why I've never wanted a Comenity card, and wonder how people with a dozen or more of them can try to monitor them all, especially with separate logins for each.

Forget waiting for a statement. This is 2016. I want to have the compromised card number changed before the first fraudulent transaction even posts.

Message 18 of 19
fot1
Established Contributor

I had the same thing happen with my CSP, two charges from paypal. QUick and easy to fix.. Its stuff like this and a  forgeten redbox rental that I now check each of my credit cards  every pay day.

Too many to list..
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.