Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something I Don't Like About Wal-Mart

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something I Don't Like About Wal-Mart

You can't pay your bill online unless you have a minimum due. Let's just say you went shopping this past Friday an you go online today you can't pay you bill until you bill is cut. Now you can go to one of the local stores to pay at the register i feel like that's a trick to get you in the store to temp you to shop.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 07-27-2008 08:57 PM
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Something I Don't Like About Wal-Mart

National City is the same way.  You cant pay online until the charge actualy clears and is reported.  Ithink most credit companies wont allow you to do that.  You might be able to use an online bill pay from your bank to do that though.  I dont know if that will get rejected.

LOL I pay my Sams bill at Walmart.  I  pay in the tire part since there less way for me to get into trouble.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 15
athensguy
Valued Contributor

You could use billpay from your bank to pay it.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

athensguy wrote:
You could use billpay from your bank to pay it.

Might try that.
Message 4 of 15
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

marty56 wrote:
National City is the same way.  You cant pay online until the charge actualy clears and is reported.  Ithink most credit companies wont allow you to do that. 

OP is saying that you can't pay at all until past the statement date, not that you can't pay until an outstanding balance is reported.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait a minute...there are things people DO like about Walmart? I guess being an evil syndicate does have advantages if people still like you Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 15
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

EddieX wrote:
Wait a minute...there are things people DO like about Walmart? I guess being an evil syndicate does have advantages if people still like you Smiley Very Happy

I'm pretty sure they sell ski-masks, too!  Smiley Wink

As far as Walmart (GEMB) I think we can safely say that their payment procedures are arbitrary, at the least.

I quit using my OldNavy (GEMB) card for about 6 months because they didn't allow you to make a payment IN the store or via their website.  I had to create a mycheckfree acct in order to pay them and that just sent me into orbit.  (You can now pay via their website, but I'm not sure about in the store.)

My CareCredit (GEMB) also drove me insane because I only had two choices when making a payment online.  Auto-pay the minimum or cancel that and submit a regular payment online (non-recurring).  I hate writing actual checks, but sure that would have been an option to send an additional payment via the mail.  (I use a small local bank and don't like their wonky bill pay feature.)

Stepping off my soapbox.  Smiley Happy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 7 of 15
Verde
Established Member

I always use pay bill from BOA to pay for my ccs, and last time i used my walmart card the very next day i paid through my bank and even though the charges were not cleared they gave me a negative balance and couple of days after when charges were cleared balance was 0 .
Message 8 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I always pay my Walmart card on their website with an ACH from my checking account.

Walmart takes forever to post transactions so I find it takes nearly 5 days or so before I can pay my bill online. I have no problems paying before the statement date though. That seems strange.

Since I never let this card report I really have to watch when I use it. If I had to do it again I would have applied for a Macy's or Bloomingdale's store card. I think Walmart cheeses the reports up. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ARGH i totally did that this past weekend and went to pay it and i couldnt i was annoyed but hey guess you just gotta wait... and it takes them like a week + until it posts
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.