Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something happend at the bank drive through window

tag
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

Re: Something happend at the bank drive through window

Laila,   This just happened to me on Tuesday!  I was making a deposit and my teller left, the bank manager came over and gave me the spill.  I accepted the card and the $7500 CL.  They said it was a soft pull since I was already preapproved but I just noticed a new alert on my Exp report according to TC.  Go for it!!

Starting Score:EQ 560t> TU 560EXP 570
Current Score:EQ 674t> TU 697EXP 700
Goal Score:EQ 700> TU 700EXP 700>

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow really????? so was it a soft pull or a hard pull once you accepted the offer?? i know tc only shows hard pulls. who did they pull from?? did you already have another cc from them??
Message 12 of 18
Scamp
Valued Contributor

REgnlor wrote:
Laila,   This just happened to me on Tuesday!  I was making a deposit and my teller left, the bank manager came over and gave me the spill.  I accepted the card and the $7500 CL.  They said it was a soft pull since I was already preapproved but I just noticed a new alert on my Exp report according to TC.  Go for it!!

All this has me wondering if I'll get a similar offer if I go open my savings account in person, having just barely gotten my new BofA Amex from an online app and opened a checking acct. online (which I plan to do first, next week, before talking to someone about their savings accounts).

Would be an interesting experiment!  I think I'll try it, see what happens!  I'd love it if they offered me the BankAmericard (one of the others I was preapproved for online) barely a week after I got my AmEx in the mail. Smiley Very Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 13 of 18
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

I think it turned out to actually be a hard pull because of the alert.  I asked during the process and was told it was soft, but when I got in this evening is saw TC alert from Exp.  Clicked on it and it was BOA.  I've never had any other card with them but I here they are really great with the CLIs.  I was told I was preapproved for $2k limit but when I actually app'd they upped it to $7.5K.  I'll take that in exchange for an inq!

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

REgnlor wrote:
I think it turned out to actually be a hard pull because of the alert.  I asked during the process and was told it was soft, but when I got in this evening is saw TC alert from Exp.  Clicked on it and it was BOA.  I've never had any other card with them but I here they are really great with the CLIs.  I was told I was preapproved for $2k limit but when I actually app'd they upped it to $7.5K.  I'll take that in exchange for an inq!

Are you sure it was an inquiry alert, and not an alert for the new account?  BofA has a habit of reporting new accounts almost immediately!

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

ohh you have a point there chedder. they are pretty quick to update and report. I hope its a soft!! they said i was pre approved for 5k maybe i can sweet talk them into 7.5 k like you Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 18
REgnlor
Regular Contributor

Cheddar, I rechecked TC and we are both right.  They have reported the acct already and it was, as it looks, a hard inquiry.  Laila, post back and let us know how it goes!!  Good luck!

Message Edited by REgnlor on 04-11-2008 01:05 PM

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do. No call today but will keep you all informed on how it goes. I am thinking of asking for a product change to Platinum Plus with points and a higher credit limt. wish me luck!!

Maybe they will call monday. Oh i looked at the preapproval offers again today and they are good till 6/08/08

Message Edited by laila08 on 04-11-2008 02:28 PM
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.