cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something weird going on with the BT at Barclays.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something weird going on with the BT at Barclays.

On 2/13 DW requested a BT to be deposited into checking account. The amount of $2500 was deducted from the available CL of $10k. The BT amount never showed under pending charges, however. Today she logged in and the available credit is once again back to $10k, with no BT deducted. When we go to the balance transfer option and click on history, it shows the $2500 as processed. Makes no sense and she sent them a secured message online early afternoon. They haven't responded. For those with Barclay accounts, is this part of the normal process? She wants to call, but also doesn't want to stir up any dust, if you know what I mean.

Update 02/18/2016 : Transfer arrived in bank account today.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Something weird going on with the BT at Barclays.

@Anonymous wrote:

On 2/13 DW requested a BT to be deposited into checking account. The amount of $2500 was deducted from the available CL of $10k. The BT amount never showed under pending charges, however. Today she logged in and the available credit is once again back to $10k, with no BT deducted. When we go to the balance transfer option and click on history, it shows the $2500 as processed. Makes no sense and she sent them a secured message online early afternoon. They haven't responded. For those with Barclay accounts, is this part of the normal process? She wants to call, but also doesn't want to stir up any dust, if you know what I mean.

These processes often take several business days to complete, so I wouldn't be too alarmed at this point. Also, Barclay's website is known to be glitchy, so the available credit thing is likely just a result of that. Many members report issues with the available credit being incorrect at times.

Message 2 of 6
JAmajzan
Valued Member

Same exact thing happened to me and next day the money was in my bank account and taken from barclay. I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score 2/16: 707 Tu, 711 Ex, 706 Eq
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
jasonkm1
Regular Contributor

Yes, something very similar happened to me too. Don't worry, just wait a couple more days, you'll see the money in your checking account and correct balance will eventually appear on the Barclay's website.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. Transfer came through today. Barclays just has some strange website stuff that we're not used to. All good now.

Message 5 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone. Transfer came through today. Barclays just has some strange website stuff that we're not used to. All good now.

Glad to hear. Yeah, their website is known for glitches. At random times late at night people report their available credit being incorrect, etc

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.