cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes the best rewards doesn't mean the best card...

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Sometimes the best rewards doesn't mean the best card...

@Bman70 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@9CLINE wrote:

Sorry to hear this.Smiley Sad You do bring up some good points though,I know I will keep them in mind.

Thanks for sharing

I always put big purchases on amex or CSP for the extended warranty 

Do World Mastercards and Visa Signatures have extended warranty as well?

Not 100% sure but I am pretty sure that CSP has it. So its either that or amex that goes on over 1k purchases 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 18
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

very valid point.  I will be hopefully buying my own place soon and just realized my lowest apr across all my cards is 13.99%.  If anything every breaks I'll end up paying out the @#$ in interest just for some reward points...

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 12 of 18
Exonumist
Established Contributor

@Hockeyplayrr wrote:

@very valid point.  I will be hopefully buying my own place soon and just realized my lowest apr across all my cards is 13.99%.  If anything every breaks I'll end up paying out the @#$ in interest just for some reward points...

Once you close pick up a good low interest rate card. Or wait until something breaks apply for a 0% card and pay no interest for a yearish...

Message 13 of 18
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

That's the plan. To eventually get a low interest CU card. Interest is something I think a lot of us on the forums don't think of when chasing rewards.
Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 14 of 18
Exonumist
Established Contributor

True, but a lot of people on here also never carry a balance. Eventually I'll get a card from my CU. It has like 8.5apr and no fees for balance transfers or cash advances. Right now I just don't need it.

Message 15 of 18
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

PayPal Extras is a Platinum MC.  You get the extended waranty coverage with any Platinum MC.

Extended Warranty

As a Premium MasterCard® cardholder, you now have the peace of mind and freedom to travel and shop to your hearts' content across the globe without a moment's worry.

Extended Warranty

(Available to Titanium, Platinum and World MasterCard cardholders)

Purchases are covered with an extended warranty (which duplicate the terms of the original manufacturer's warranty on covered items) for up to 1 full year from the expiry date of the original manufacturer's warranty and for a maximum of 3 combined years.

Message 16 of 18
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Here it is directly from the PayPal Extras site:   https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/bill-me-later/paypal-extras

Even better, your PayPal Extras MasterCard also comes with Platinum-level purchase protection from MasterCard, including:

• Extended warranty that doubles the original manufacturer's or store brand's warranty for up to one year
  • Price protection if you find a lower price for a new item within 60 days from the date of purchase
Message 17 of 18
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I closed the card a while ago. They aren't going to cover anything once the card has been closed. Amex in my experience has always just been easier to work with on these kind of things. Visa and Mastercard always find ways to weasel out of actually covering something.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.