Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somewhat Odd Amex Experience

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Somewhat Odd Amex Experience

DW apped for a new account and was told for an immediate decision to call a number.  She called the number, and whoever answered didn't know how to help her, she just kept asking for her account number.  DW hung up and called back.  This time, she was transferred to new accounts, however she just received a recording that the office was closed.  The 2 things I find odd are: 1. The number Amex provided online doesn't appear to be the number to call to complete the application. and 2. The hours are listed as M-Sat 8 to midnight and Sun 10 to 9, but apparently they are closed on Sundays.  :smileyindifferent:

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Somewhat Odd Amex Experience

My DH has a FA on his cr and he had to call in too. The first CSR didn't know why he was calling in either. It took a few minutes and explaining before the CSR transferred him to the correct dept.
Message 2 of 5
n777ua
Established Contributor

Yeah DW just tried again and gave the rep the 'tracking number' for her application, the rep said to contact the shipping company to track the card shipment. *sigh* 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I believe the office she'll need to speak to is closed on weekends. Sounds like Verifications Dept.
Message 4 of 5
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

The number I get when I get that is 1-800-582-6471 and it's just the new accounts people. Is that the number you were given?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.