Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Capital One Card Approved

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Sony Capital One Card Approved

@beb86 wrote:

the cap 1 sony card is an "excellent" credit profile card offered by cap 1 that was aquired from chase like how the bbrzmc was aquired from hsbc those score you provided must be FAKOS and your FICO must be way higher because the info you provided doesnt make any sense....and AMEX zync is just not possible with a 607 EX FICO. do you have any baddies or are you new to the country there is somthing strange here

While I'm nowhere near Zync credit worthy, I, too, just opened a Cap One Sony card...really, just to get around the two cap one card rule...Sony is listed as a cobranded card...says "excellent credit" required, but if you read what cap one defines as "excellent credit", I qualify...

With 623, 636, and 624 Fico scores...

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

@beb86 wrote:

the cap 1 sony card is an "excellent" credit profile card offered by cap 1 that was aquired from chase like how the bbrzmc was aquired from hsbc those score you provided must be FAKOS and your FICO must be way higher because the info you provided doesnt make any sense....and AMEX zync is just not possible with a 607 EX FICO. do you have any baddies or are you new to the country there is somthing strange here

While I'm nowhere near Zync credit worthy, I, too, just opened a Cap One Sony card...really, just to get around the two cap one card rule...Sony is listed as a cobranded card...says "excellent credit" required, but if you read what cap one defines as "excellent credit", I qualify...

I would try ZYNC card if I were you, I got my ZYNC before SONY with a little bit lower scores. It's their easiest card to get.

Message 12 of 31
mrcrush20
New Contributor

i have one SC with cap one for 650

one plat CC for 500

AU on one plat for 1000

apped yesterday and approves for sony card for 500 

i have a charge off in 08 with cap one for 1200 PIF

i am low sixs on TU and EQ according to Fico

lender pull for ex was 630s 

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrcrush20 wrote:

i have one SC with cap one for 650

one plat CC for 500

AU on one plat for 1000

apped yesterday and approves for sony card for 500 

i have a charge off in 08 with cap one for 1200 PIF

i am low sixs on TU and EQ according to Fico

lender pull for ex was 630s 

Congrats, Sony seems like a great card.  I'm going to apply for cash back rewards card soon as 45 days hit.

Message 14 of 31
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@beb86 wrote:

I would try ZYNC card if I were you, I got my ZYNC before SONY with a little bit lower scores. It's their easiest card to get.

Eh.  To be perfectly honest, I'm just not all that interested in a charge card right now.

DW and I are still digging out from very high utilization...while I AM very interested in zero percent bt offers, another account to manage without the benefit of being able to carry a balance seems to be more hassle than it would be worth for us...

thanks tho!  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 31
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Just as a heads up, a couple days after your first statement posts you may get a document online too about a "credit steps" program to increase the credit limit.

I was a bit disappointed in mine, my other cap one credit steps up to $1500, but, this one only goes from $500 to $750. Oh well, I've only been using it for movie rentals on playstation and quick service food since those are 10x points and 3x points respectively. I guess realistically I don't need that large of a credit limit for what I intend to use it for, movies and dunkin donuts. lol

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 16 of 31
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Mostly, I'm interested in the zero percent til March.  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 31
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

According to their application on the web, that card has a starting limit of $300...so I wouldn't go as far as saying that this card is for those with "Excellent Credit" only.

Also of note, CapOne other partner cards (Like Playstation, Orbitz, MTV, etc) have two versions, one for Average credit (basically capped at $3000) and Excellent Credit ($3000 - $20,000). The SonyCard isn't structured as such.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 18 of 31
logan_720
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, Sony seems like a great card.  I'm going to apply for cash back rewards card soon as 45 days hit.

Why not go for a Bank of Americard Cash rewards and get up to 3% cash back, plus a sign up bonus of $50 back after $100 spent...it a we better card and your chances of starting with a reasonable limit are much higher than that of receiving a high limit on the Capital One card. 

Assuming you apply for the Cash Rewards card for "Average Credit" you will have to spend $3.900 just to make up the annual fee. And won't really start receiving cash back until that mark. 

I guess it all depends how much you will run through the card. 

Message 19 of 31
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Low 600's everyone says typically excellent credit requirement, but my buddy and I got approved the same day we have similar credit profile...not only that it was second Cap One card, glitch in the system and I should consider myself lucky?

I saw this thread and i really wanted a VISA credit card as all of mine are currently mastercard.. So, i just went to capital ones website, found the sony card, apped and to my amazing shock i got the "Congratulations! You're approved!" message! My Credit score is currently 629 and i was given a credit limit of 500.00. needless to say, im a VERY happy camper today! BOOYA!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.