Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Capital One card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sony Capital One card.

Playstation still has the fast food perk.

Either go for more points in the general Sony store, or more points in the playstation store.

I'm a gamer with a Sony addiction, so the PS Visa made more sense. 

Better APR and SL with higher scores - yah duh - but if Cap1 knows you play nice via history, they'll grant you access at a low score.

Off to buy my Destiny DLC now.

Message 11 of 16
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Either go for more points in the general Sony store, or more points in the playstation store.

Better APR and SL with higher scores - yah duh - but if Cap1 knows you play nice via history, they'll grant you access at a low score.

With the closure of the online Sony Store and the eventual shuttering of the brick-and-mortar Sony Stores, I wonder how this will affect the card?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

With the closure of the online Sony Store and the eventual shuttering of the brick-and-mortar Sony Stores, I wonder how this will affect the card?

Touche.  I am inundated with emails from Sony Rewards lately, however that could persuade some to go for Playstation or another co branded card period.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consider my Playstation one of my least favorite. Credit steps (score was 630 range) started at 500, then 1300 now at 2300. I will keep and hope for good CLIs. I buy gift cards with my rewards. Had a year now.

Message 14 of 16
CBetc
Contributor

It's a nice card. I got it back in 2011 (when I was working for a division of Sony, although I don't think that mattered for approval or anything) and use it fairly regularly. What's nice is that any Sony-branded products purchased get you points, so this is basically my "electronic entertainment" card. Gamestop, PSN, PS+, online discs, and online purchases all go through it. Ended up with a ton of points, which was helpful just this past week when my PS Vita died and I redeemed a chunk for a replacement.

If you're *strictly* doing PSN downloads, the actual Playstation Card might be a better fit thanks to 10x rewards instead of 5x, but if you do things outside downloading I'd go for the Sony Card for 5x at more locations.

Cap1 has also been very sweet with CLI's recently.

My CL was at $3750 for a long time until June '15, when I requested a CLI and they offered an additional $3K. With no real change to usage patterns, I hit the CLI button again last week and got offered another $3K, taking it to $9750, one of my highest cards!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:
I got it last month hoping to rack up a few rewards for some Sony electronics.
Received the card in the mail, activated it then logged into the Siny store and was met with the "No longer accepting online orders after 8-28. We are closing our online and retail stores."
Last step was tossing it in the sock drawer.
I've outgrown playing video games, but I might use it so my son and daughter can use the points for Playstation.
I think you need scores above 660 or so for this card.
It is a Visa and I would probably place it above a rebuilder as far as credit level.
Others may have their own opinions

old thread I know but would anyone know if they tripple pull for this card like they do for their prime cards?

@Anonymous

This is a 2 year old thread.  If you have a question about the card please start a new one.  This one is now locked.  Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.