tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sony Card has Credit Steps too

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Good info!

I hope the Sony Card has a good promotion in March; I think it'd be a good VISA to replace my awful Credit One card with (i'm closing that thing in mid-March)!   And I know I'd get it, which makes it better. 

why not apply now? you have a higher score than me.

Good question.   Basically, I want to make sure I get the best terms possible and have the best score I can.  And a few things will happen in or around March that would change that:

1. Cap One CO might fall off all CRs around March (and I'm trying to GW the other settled CO)

2. My most recent TLs were opened in August, so those will all be six months old by that time and much of the new acct ding will have dissipated by then

3. Most recent HPs were in August, so ding from those will be a lot less after 6 months.

I could get approved now, but it'd be nice to have the best CL and APR possible.  :-)

When all that happens, might not be worth going with Capital One anymore! Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sony Card has Credit Steps too

@Creditaddict wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Good info!

I hope the Sony Card has a good promotion in March; I think it'd be a good VISA to replace my awful Credit One card with (i'm closing that thing in mid-March)!   And I know I'd get it, which makes it better. 

why not apply now? you have a higher score than me.

Good question.   Basically, I want to make sure I get the best terms possible and have the best score I can.  And a few things will happen in or around March that would change that:

1. Cap One CO might fall off all CRs around March (and I'm trying to GW the other settled CO)

2. My most recent TLs were opened in August, so those will all be six months old by that time and much of the new acct ding will have dissipated by then

3. Most recent HPs were in August, so ding from those will be a lot less after 6 months.

I could get approved now, but it'd be nice to have the best CL and APR possible.  :-)

When all that happens, might not be worth going with Capital One anymore! Smiley Tongue

LOL...good point.   But if things go too slow, it'd be completely worth it

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.