cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soonest I can combine CL's with Barclays?

tag
Superpet39
Regular Contributor

Soonest I can combine CL's with Barclays?

picked up a Ring card (CL $7500) a month ago, and a cash forward card (CL $5000) 3 months ago........ (@ about 15/24 FWIW)

Would like to close the cash forward and move CL over to the ring card ($12.5 CL would be my highest).... Also all my cards either have a 0 balance or balances under $50.00

Anyone know the soonest I could ask to do this without pissing off Barclays?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Soonest I can combine CL's with Barclays?

I'd say wait until the ring is at least six months old since it's the newest, someone wiser on this will weigh in hopefully. But I will say you don't have to worrying about pissing off Barclays, making them nervous is what you have to watch for and everything makes them nervous, you know odd things like using your card, paying off your card even applying for their card makes them nervous. Good luck on combining and congrats on your approvals.
Message 2 of 7
Superpet39
Regular Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
But I will say you don't have to worrying about pissing off Barclays, making them nervous is what you have to watch for and everything makes them nervous, you know odd things like using your card, paying off your card even applying for their card makes them nervous.

😂😭😂😭😂

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can move the crdit line on the account right after it is opened, if you wish. It might not be wise, but had no issue doing this a couple years ago with an arrival card and a rewards card.

Message 4 of 7
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I have a never been refused a combination request, but my DW was refused a couple of days ago.

She asked via SM to move the Wyndham line to her Hawaiian line and was refused.

They didn't say why, but did offer to close the Wyndham if she still wanted to do that

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

So probably ymmv on this. Asking should not hurt anything though.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 7
Superpet39
Regular Contributor

I think I'll let the ring age a little bit more, 

thank you all

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.