Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Airlines CC Invite & Soft Pulls

tag
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Southwest Airlines CC Invite & Soft Pulls

Hello All...

I received a great offer to apply for a Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Visa (issued by Chase) in my e-mail a couple of days ago.  Upon approval I will receive 32 credits (2 free flights), 8 credits for a BT, 2 credits per year for keeping the card and no AF for the first year.  I currently have no airline cards and I honestly do not need another CC and don't need a BT.  I have 3 Chase cards (all 2+ years old) which I PIF every month.  EQ Fico is around 750 with no baddies but I have 1 inq in the last 6 months and 3 new accts reporting.  It's a great offer but not sure if I'd get approved because of the new accts.  Any thoughts? Oh, I have 2 deposit accounts with Chase with maintained balances around $13k every month.

Also, I was curious if the soft pulls I have from Chase/First USA are for promo reasons and therefore why I'm receiving these offers (also for United too).  I've not seen this discussed before as I receive these offers by e-mail and snail mail.

Thanks

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Southwest Airlines CC Invite & Soft Pulls

I got the Southwest card last June--I'm not very happy with how Chase baited me with 16 free credits (1 round trip ticket) by way of a BT offer which they never offered. I only got the BT offer after the introductory period was up and I could no longer take advantage. I did get 8 credits through their other terms but Southwest doesn't allow you to redeem for a 1 way ticket. I called Chase to change to something that might be of use to me since they kinda screwed me over and they said nope. No changes in the first year--they got 2 AFs from me. Needless to say, YMMV and if they make good on their offer to you, a free flight for 2 is worth the card.

As for you softs, I do not recall them softing me, but I was getting their offers by post at least 3x per month for almost 5 months. At the time, I had no products with them.

Message 2 of 24
jefftca925
Established Contributor

thanks for your input MS.  I've received offers every month from them but this was the best I've seen so far.  It's like they keep upping the ante...LOL.  I could use the free flights as I have vacation time still to use this year and would love to visit some friends on the east coast.  The credit analyzer said I wouldn't take much of a hit on my FICO for the inq or the new account but I wouldn't want to potentially raise any unnecessary red flags with Chase either.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 3 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

sounds like you should apply for it! and with a great relationship with Chase already I would think it would be a go.

Message 4 of 24
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

As much as I dislike Chase at the moment, if they sent me that offer, I'd be all over it. 

I've even considered that card without any extra incentives...and it'd be a no-brainer for me with those terms you've received.

I don't need any more credit cards, either...but I sure could use a couple of plane tickets to Vegas for only the price of the annual fee!

Go for it, jefftca925!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, those terms are great... but the offer is limited only to those with a computer or access to the internet.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/homepage

Message 6 of 24
jefftca925
Established Contributor

When I saw they would give me TWO FREE R/T Tickets for just one use of the card I thought this is something to seriously think about.  Usually I just delete them as I get these things all the time.  Of all the airline card offers I've seen this is the best one by far...plus I love flying Southwest.  My concern is AA by Chase if they see the new accounts which I did because of 0% offers (auto repairs).  Just curious if anyone has had any issues with this or should I just call them.

Message 7 of 24
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, those terms are great... but the offer is limited only to those with a computer or access to the internet.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/southwest/homepage

Well, I guess I'm qualified then! 

Now, if I can only find the offer for the 32 credits...

Message 8 of 24
jefftca925
Established Contributor

you have to have an invite number to do it.  do you have a Rapid Rewards account?

Message 9 of 24
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@jefftca925 wrote:

you have to have an invite number to do it.  do you have a Rapid Rewards account?

jefftca925, I figured it was a special offer, by invitation only...and I don't have one.  I do have a Rapid Rewards account, though...and some Chase accounts.  And if they ever send me that offer, I'll jump on it.

(I was previously responding to jausankas post, which seemed to indicate that the offer you received is the same offer available to anyone who can click the web link provided.  It's not...by half.)

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.