Senior Contributor
john398

Re: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier APPROVAL!!!

Congrats RROSS, what was your util at overall?
New Contributor
rross

Util was 23%

Mega Contributor
LS2982

ogbo0006 wrote:

I have been rebuilding my credit since 11/2012.  I am proud to report that I was approved for a Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier credit card with a $5000 credit limit.  This is by far my highest credit limit and I was truly surprised that I would even gain approval for this card given my current credit score but I have been getting mulitple offers to apply for this card for the last 2 months so I decided to give it a shot.  Now that I have this card and am part of the Chase family I plan to garden for the next year and let my Credit Score improve!

CONGRATS!!!!

I'm interested in this card as well, but no app until 2015!!! :smileyhappy:

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Member
ogbo0006

[ Edited ]

When I applied for this Southwest credit card my EQ score was 620.  I do not know what my TQ or my EX scores were.  Chase pulled all 3 credit bureaus.  Currently I haven't had any lates in 7 months, I had one public record (unpaid credit card) from 2011 that has since been paid in full.  For my credit profile I have a home mortgage, about 25k in student loans that are currently deferred, a Capital One Cash Rewards CC with a CL of $2000, First Premier Bank CC with a CL of $675, Express Card with a CL of $500, Target Card with a CL of $200.  My income is about $70k/yr.  My CC ulitz was around 23%.

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: 620
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
john398

ogbo0006 wrote:

When I applied for this Southwest credit card my EQ score was 620.  I do not know what my TQ or my EX scores were.  Chase pulled all 3 credit bureaus.  Currently I haven't had any lates in 7 months, I had one public record (unpaid credit card) from 2011 that has since been paid in full.  For my credit profile I have a home mortgage, about 25k in student loans that are currently deferred, a Capital One Cash Rewards CC with a CL of $2000, First Premier Bank CC with a CL of $675, Express Card with a CL of $500, Target Card with a CL of $200.  My income is about $70k/yr.  My CC ulitz was around 23%.

Thanks ogbo, I think I probably need to get mine down a lot more before I apply, I am north of 50%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+