cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier APPROVAL!!!

tag
ogbo0006
Established Member

Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier APPROVAL!!!

I have been rebuilding my credit since 11/2012.  I am proud to report that I was approved for a Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier credit card with a $5000 credit limit.  This is by far my highest credit limit and I was truly surprised that I would even gain approval for this card given my current credit score but I have been getting mulitple offers to apply for this card for the last 2 months so I decided to give it a shot.  Now that I have this card and am part of the Chase family I plan to garden for the next year and let my Credit Score improve!

Starting Score: 528
Current Score: 620
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier APPROVAL!!!

@ogbo0006 wrote:

I have been rebuilding my credit since 11/2012.  I am proud to report that I was approved for a Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier credit card with a $5000 credit limit.  This is by far my highest credit limit and I was truly surprised that I would even gain approval for this card given my current credit score but I have been getting mulitple offers to apply for this card for the last 2 months so I decided to give it a shot.  Now that I have this card and am part of the Chase family I plan to garden for the next year and let my Credit Score improve!

Congrats! Nice limit too. What cards and  baddies do you currently have on your report?

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 2 of 15
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Very nice indeed!! Congrats.
Message 3 of 15
flyingace
Valued Member

@ogbo0006 wrote:

If you fly often on SW, this is a great card, I've always wanted it... 

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 4 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 15
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Awesome! Way to go!!!

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 6 of 15
Shyone44
Contributor

@ogbo0006 wrote:

Congrats!!! Can you share if you had any baddies on your report when you applied? Also do you know who they pulled and what your score was?

Last app 3/21/13
EQ 658 (5/28/13)
TU 608 (5/1/13)
Message 7 of 15
rross
New Contributor

I was just now approved for the Airtran Visa which I believe is basically the same as the Southwest card.  I don't know what they pulled, but my EX is 673 (TU fako 679, EQ fako 661).  My last baddie was in Jan. 2011 and was a 30 day late.  I have quite a few inquiries too which is a big no-no, but for some reason they still approved me for a $7500 limit. 

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!  I poured over website forums like this for weeks trying to find out what kind of score was needed and I didn't find much info.  So I'd love to help someone else.

Message 8 of 15
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 15
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

Great card, congrats!

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.