Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Credit Card issued By Chase

tag
TeeGee
Contributor

Re: Southwest Credit Card issued By Chase

Thank you _jb_.  I did something like that for an account that was 3 yrs old in 2009, paid a credit card with the stipulation that it be removed from my all agencies.  They agreed and then never removed it.  It shows as "paid for less than original amount".  When I contacted them, they denied any knowledge of that conversation even though I gave them the date and name of the per.son I spoke with, so that shows on 2 of the 3 reports.  (Capital One)  Now, I have two capital one cards, so it's sort of funny in a not so funny way.....if I make an offer like that, how do you guarantee it will be removed, and if they disagree, would reaching out like that be the equivalent of "stiring the pot"?  I am disabled now and on a fixed income so I would think they'd be glad to close the account - but you never know.

Amex $6K BankofAmer $2K CapPlatinum $2.5K Macys $1K Chase RR $16K CapQS $2.5K Discover $8.5K IN THE GARDEN til 6/1/2015
Beginning FICO 630 ish EQ 732/EXP 735/TU 753 (Aug) Goal 800
Message 11 of 12
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Southwest Credit Card issued By Chase

@TeeGee wrote:

Thank you _jb_.  I did something like that for an account that was 3 yrs old in 2009, paid a credit card with the stipulation that it be removed from my all agencies.  They agreed and then never removed it.  It shows as "paid for less than original amount".  When I contacted them, they denied any knowledge of that conversation even though I gave them the date and name of the per.son I spoke with, so that shows on 2 of the 3 reports.  (Capital One)  Now, I have two capital one cards, so it's sort of funny in a not so funny way.....if I make an offer like that, how do you guarantee it will be removed, and if they disagree, would reaching out like that be the equivalent of "stiring the pot"?  I am disabled now and on a fixed income so I would think they'd be glad to close the account - but you never know.

You get their acceptance of your offer and agreement to the terms in writing before your fulfill your end of the bargain - aka, get it in writing before you pay.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.