Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Premium and plus cards

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Southwest Premium and plus cards

@thehogsters wrote:
You can get the bonus with both. Every mileage blogger got a companion pass that way. Goggle and you will see. I got the premiere I'm June and going for the plus in a few weeks.

+1

I haven't done it personally but there are many data points people get both bonuses. 

Message 11 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

OP how many Chase cards do you have? They can be a bit sensitive for doing 2 apps at the same time. YMMV
Message 12 of 17
KAISMOM
Contributor

Looks like the premier and the plus are considered two different products, so apping for both in order to get the companion pass would work. Personally I'd spread the two apps out otherwise you'll have to come up with 4k in a relatively short period of time. I apped for the plus 6 weeks ago, and plan on apping for the premiere once I pay off my balance and reach 2k on the plus in September. 

Southwest Premier & Plus 25.8k I Alaska Air 21k I Discover It 16k I United Explorer 15k I Chase Business Ink Cash 12k I Wells Fargo 2.5k I Bill Me Later 7k I Amazon 3.5k

Current Scores:
(TU) 813, (EQ) 786
Goal Score: 820
Message 13 of 17
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

@B335is wrote:
OP how many Chase cards do you have? They can be a bit sensitive for doing 2 apps at the same time. YMMV

I have the freedom which is 10 yrs  old and the CSP that I got in May 2014. I am fine with all my credit cards but I do travel a lot for mini vacations, family functions etc so thats why  I wanted the 50,000 ponts on each and the companion passes

Message 14 of 17
ramblinggirl
Regular Contributor

@KAISMOM wrote:

Looks like the premier and the plus are considered two different products, so apping for both in order to get the companion pass would work. Personally I'd spread the two apps out otherwise you'll have to come up with 4k in a relatively short period of time. I apped for the plus 6 weeks ago, and plan on apping for the premiere once I pay off my balance and reach 2k on the plus in September. 

The spending requirement would not be a problem -tuition, 2 out of state weddings etc, upcoming dental work-that should take care of it.  I am just debating should I apply for them separetly or 1 in Aug and the other one in Sept.

Message 15 of 17
KAISMOM
Contributor

Your fico score and DTI ratio look great...judging by the three cards acquired in May, you're in good shape. How many chase cards do you have? The magic number seems to be around 4. In any case, there's a 50/50 chance you'll get both if you app at the same time, or, you'll need to call the BD if you get a message. Personally I'd play it safe app for the first one now, then wait 45 days after paying off the 2k and app for the second. Let us know what you do and what happens!

Southwest Premier & Plus 25.8k I Alaska Air 21k I Discover It 16k I United Explorer 15k I Chase Business Ink Cash 12k I Wells Fargo 2.5k I Bill Me Later 7k I Amazon 3.5k

Current Scores:
(TU) 813, (EQ) 786
Goal Score: 820
Message 16 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@ramblinggirl wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I have the freedom which is 10 yrs  old and the CSP that I got in May 2014. I am fine with all my credit cards but I do travel a lot for mini vacations, family functions etc so thats why  I wanted the 50,000 ponts on each and the companion passes

Personally I would wait 30 days in between Chase apps, but I'd say you're good to go if you app at the same time or space them apart.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.